Chapter 18: Father -Daughter Talk

Nina's POV:

"I think it's time for all of you to return home.", dad finally broke the silence. All of us picked our heads up and looked at dad.

"No Michael! Chloe left us in charge to take care of you. Why would you think we will leave you like that.", Sarah concluded.

She was absolutely right. Mum would be disappointed if we wouldn't take care of dad.

"I'm totally fine now. All of you should leave. If I would need anything I'll let you know.", dad assured them. He didn't assure me actually.

"Are you sure Michael? We can stay, if you want.", William asked again.

"Don't worry. All of you need some rest. By the way, I just want to be alone, for some time.", dad muttered.

Everyone woke up for their seat except me. They were about to leave when dad asked me something.

"Sweetheart, why are you still here? You should be leaving as well.".

"You must be kidding me dad! I'm your daughter and I should be taking care of you. You are my first priority now!", I rebutted.

"What rubbish Nina! Your first priority is your Darren and his family now, your mother's business and Darren's mother's business. There isn't anything more important than this!", dad raised his voice at me. It was not that bad but the tone was harsh.

I quickly got out of my seat and gave my dad a hug to cool him down.

"Dad, why don't you understand that I married Darren because of mum. When mum isn't around anymore, then why are we even keeping this relationship with one another!", I mumbled into dad's ears.

"I think we should have a father daughter talk!", dad concluded. Upon hearing that, everyone left the house and waited for us outside.

"Nina, we never have father daughter talks often because we don't arrive to such a juncture. Today, we are at that juncture.", dad gave me a stern look.

I could hardly even swallow my fear down my throat. Dad never gives me such a look. I just hung my head low to avoid eye contact.

"Nina, I'm telling you from an adult's point of view. Darren is starting to like you. He took such good care of you when you became sick. Yesterday he managed to put you to sleep. I know he has a girlfriend but you don't seem to observe the change in him.  He has started developing feelings for you.", dad explained to me.

Feelings? Love? Or even like? These things don't seem to exist in that piranha head guy!

"What did your mum tell you yesterday?", dad asked me.

"She told me to take care of you and to be a good girl.", I said.

"And what else did she tell you? She told me everything for your information.", dad tried to bring a smirk on his father but was unsuccessful.

"Not to divorce that piranha head guy?", I mumbled. Talk about awkwardness. Talking all these things to my dad was totally awkward!

"Piranha head what!", dad began to laugh.

Oh shit! I said it aloud.

"We have each other nicknames. He calls me Pluto while I call him piranha.", I thought dad was going to chide me for being so childish but instead of doing that, he began to laugh his heads off.

"That's really very cute Nina. Look, this is how a relationship becomes perfect. You will fall in love with him one day.", dad let out a loud sigh and began to hug me.