Chapter 1: Gone Haywire

"Regina can you tell me the answer?" I suddenly break out of my daydream and stair at my maths teacher with a dazed, confused expression. "Um 73?" I guess off the top of my tongue. "Oh.. your correct." He mumbles.
"Whys that such a surprise?" I tell him boldly with frustration in my voice. Okay so maybe I wasn't listening.. but I got the answer right and that's all that matters right? Okay maybe not. I escape my thoughts and look at Mr Brown. He looks furious and it doesn't help that the whole class is making "oooooooo" noises and staring at me. Literally if there were such thing for a person to make the Guinness World record book for having the biggest mouth, it would definitely be me. "See you here. lunch." I cringe and he carries on with his boring, unenthusiastic lesson. I wait for the bell to ring and I race out of the class faster than I leave the dentist. English seems to be zooming by extremely fast and I find myself listening to Kat rave on and on and on and on and on and on about this Halloween party this weekend. "Can you please come!?" She asks desperately not wanting to go by herself. "I'm not going." I say for the 800,456,433 time. "Geez your acting a bit like Regina George today."
God do I hate it when people relate me to Regina George. You know the one of the movie Mean girls. I'll never forgive my parents for naming me Regina. Never.
"Ohmygosh okay I'LL COME!!" The whole class goes quiet and turns around to face me. "you'll go to what Miss Evan?" Seriously I'm not having the most successful day with teachers today.
"The..the .. literacy quiz tonight."
Oh god. What the flaming heck did I just sign Kat and I up to. Kat glares me. I lip sync 'sorry' and she gives me a stare and I find myself leaving the class with a red head punching my arm.
************
Detention goes rather quickly and so does the rest of the day. I walk the pace of a granny home and find, as per usual, that dad's not home. I grab an apple out of our almost empty fruit bowl and slump down in the couch. My eyes stumble across a photo of my mother and my twin sister Gabrielle. I suddenly begin to feel dizzy and I find myself falling into a dreadful flashback. My apple drops to the floor.
"STOP GABRIELLE! STOP! THERES A CAR COMING PLEA-" She lept in front of the black car and grabbed Gabrielle but it was too late. My big blue eyes sat in one position staring at the disaster in front of me. I screamed. I screamed so loud. I sprinted towards them sobbing. I break away from my tragic flash back when I hear the door slam and dad walks into the lounge where I am sitting. "Gin are you okay?" He says this softy with sympathy in his voice. "Yea I'm fine, why woul-" I pause my sentence halfway and completely lose it. It still hurts. A lot. Especially since today is the day it happened 11 years ago.
The rest of the day speeds by and I find myself lying in bed trying to go to sleep, completely ignoring the fact I have 2 essays and two worksheets to do for homework. 'Beep, beep, beep' I grab my phone and check to see who the hell is texting me at this time of night. Kelsey. Of course.
'There's a small 'get together ' down at the den. You should totally sneak out and come with me:P xx'

'Are you serious Kels? It's 11:00!'

'Naw come on it'll be fun xo'

'Fine meet you outside in 10:\'

I seriously never in my whole life thought I would ever be this rebellious. Kelsey is one of my best friends. Don't get me wrong she is an amazing person but she is quite the ruthless one. She always tells me about the party's she sneaks out to and I've never actually been to a party and so I thought, why not try it once just this once. I instantly regret my decision and feel insanely guilty.

I quickly put on a light layer of makeup and change into a pair of black jeans and a flowy purple top my aunt brought me for my birthday. I chuck on my black converse and stumble out my window trying my very best
to not make a noise. As soon as I hear my feet crunch the stones I set of into a sprint towards a bright blue car parked at the end of my drive way. All of a sudden I hear a voice that sounds a lot like my dads. Shit I've been caught.