Shopping!!!!

The lunch date was different

Just when I was thinking about today, my phone started buzzing. It was Kavya's call

After telling her everything about today she said...

"I think he wants to be friends. I mean it's good. Getting to know each other and then falling in love." She said with a mischievous tone.

"Ek kaam kar movie hi bana le. Faltu baat kar rahi hai." It was hard to believe that I would fall in love so easily, I mean we just met!

(Do me a favour and make a movie on my life. Don't talk rubbish.)

"Han faltu to lagi gi. Mark my words. You both will make a good couple."

(Of course you'll think it's rubbish.)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
It's been one month since that day. We both were just chatting casually.

My parents were also arranged and I have heard their stories. But whatever me and Kabir have isn't anything like them.

Its not like I want to rush things but we'll be married in few days. Shouldn't something happen between us by now? Or its just me how thinks that way?

Today we were suppose to go for shopping to buy some clothes for different ceremonies of marriage.

Mom and I were going for shopping along with Kavya. Once we reached there were a bunch of cars standing in a line and the guard was checking every car's trunk.

I asked mom and Kavya to get down the car and that I'll return after parking the car.

"Hi Mary!" I heard as soon as mom stepped out. I peeped out from the window to see who it was.

It was Oberoi family.

I greeted aunty and Sameer and as I moved my head to look for Kabir, he was already looking me, boring into my eyes.

We both parked the car and made our way towards the lift. The lift was empty at first but soon it became crowded to the point where me and Kabir were cornered.

I was moving backward till the wall touches my back, and Kabir came just infront of me caging me in his arms.

It felt as if he was protecting me from being crushed by the crowd. We both looked away from each other because of the awkwardness.

What the hell is happening!!

You wanted something to happen between you two.

No, I didn't.

Really? Then why are your cheeks red?

My heart and brain were having a battle😭.

They agreed to shop for me first. I came out wearing a lehengha which I wanted to try. But it was loose.

"Aur khana maat kha. See the lehengha is so loose."
(See the results of not eating food.)

"Mumma!" I whined looking at mom.

"No worries. I'll not let her skip even a single meal when she becomes my daughter-in-law." Amrita aunty smiled at me making me chuckle.

After getting my clothes we were heading to buy Kabir's outfit.

"Your mother-in-law is so cool. Bhagwan kare mujhe bhi aisi hi mile."
(I wish I also get a mother-in-law like you.)

"Woh to mil jayengi aapko." Sameer said while coming beside Kavya and Kabir beside me.
(You'll get a mother-in-law like her.)

"What?"

"Waise bhabhi I don't like you skipping meals." Sameer scolded me with a pout on his face while ignoring Kavya's questioning look.

"It's not like that. Sometimes when I get busy I just forget about food."

"Aap ghar aao aapko bhai ke haath se khana khilata hun." Hearing Sameer's words me and Kabir both looked at each other with our cheeks heated.
(When you'll enter our home as my sister-in-law then I'll make my brother feed you.)

"I'd appreciate if you eat your meals. You don't have to starve yourself to be beautiful. You already are." He said this when we were alone and left with the others leaving me alone with a flushed cheeks.

○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°○•°

I hope you like the book so far.

I would appreciate if you could react to the chapters or maybe vote for them, it gives me motivation to keep going and write good.

I post some reels related to the book so do check out my instagram.
@amber_theauthor04