Wedding day!!

It's the D-Day!!!!!

It's the D-Day!!!!!

Finally it's the wedding day. I am so nervous that I can't even think straight. There are thousands of thoughts in my head. I am happy that I am getting married but still very sad that I'll have to leave my parents today.

I woke up way too early so I could get ready. Currently, the makeup artist is in my room for the makeup with Kavya and mom by my side.

It's seven in the morning and I could already see that my mom's eyes were red from all the crying. She was smiling at me with her teary eyes all the time. I could barely control myself from crying my eyes out because I didn't want to look like a witch from the moment my marriage starts.

The Oberoi's decided to conduct the marriage in the afternoon with the family members only and then have people join us for dinner later.

Though, it's just a wedding in front of family, I still wanted to look good and respect their culture. That's the reason I am going to get all ready for the wedding.

It was around 1 p.m. that I was fully ready. Later, my parents came in the room to see me. It was the first time I saw tears in my dad's eyes. I did hear him cry a couple of times, but it was my first time seeing him cry infront of me.

"Don't cry now. You'll ruin my makeup." I said while chuckling.

We three shared a hug. My dad kissed my and my mom's forehead and we stood there silently. No words were exchanged but we knew whatever we were feeling right now.

When my parents left to attend the marriage, I was left all alone with all the thoughts going on in my head with some insecurities. And then Kavya entered the room to escort me to the mandap.

As I walked towards the mandap I saw him sitting in the sherwani which I picked for him, looking so fine.

When we reached the mandap, Kavya left my side and Kabir offered his hand to me so that I could climb up and sit beside him. When I held his hand, they were sweating and shaking.

I made me little happy that he is also as nervous as me. Though he doesn't show much emotion but it's good to see that he does care about the wedding.

As the pheras started it hit me that I am no longer single but committed to a person for life.

A person I think I like.
No.
A person I really like.

I realized that I do really like him. I like how he initiates conversation with me even though he rarely talks. Maybe in future he might change but I'm ready to wait for him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

When the ceremony completed, we were getting out of the mandap, hand in hand. But, Kabir's shoes were missing.