Chapter 1

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

I was walking to the butterfly mansion to check on the girls since Shinobu was given a late-night mission. I suspected everyone to be asleep but I could see the lights on from their windows. I knocked on the door and Aoi opened it

"Oh, you are here! Have you seen Shinobu San?"

"I haven't seen her since this afternoon, my apologies. Shall I stay here till she comes back? She asked me to." Aoi hesitated for a moment but let me in. A part of me wanted to look for Kocho, but I reminded myself that she was a Hashira... She can take care of herself

I got into the mansion to see the girls sitting down all worried, they must be worried for Kocho, could I blame them? It was already late at night, Master shouldn't have sent her alone, he should have sent someone else with her...

"You girls should go to sleep, I'll let you know when Kocho comes back" I didn't want them to worry about something they can't control so I asked them to go to sleep, not that I think they will but wasn't it worth it? The girls sat up and walked back to their rooms. And here I am now sitting alone...

                                •~•

I jolted awake hearing the bang on the door. It was still late at night... Is Kocho here? I quickly went and opened the door to see Tanjiro and the boar head guy holding Shinobu who was unconscious.

"What happened?!" I took Kocho in my arms, she was all bloodied, blood dripping from her forehead and a huge cut on her chest.

"Long story! We have someone to look after her! But we needed some essentials so we came here!" I saw a lady and a boy behind them, they gave me an odd feeling but now, I had to focus on Kocho.

                                •~•

It was 4 a.m. Kocho still hadn't gained consciousness, the lady, Tamayo and Yushiro were attacked by an upper rank, Kocho tried to protect them but got herself injured badly, and the demon had just escaped death. Looks like Lady Tamayo is a doctor since she was the one taking care of Kocho.

I saw Lady Tamayo walk out of Kocho's room

"She is fine, if that is what you are thinking, she should take rest for a few weeks just to regain her lost energy"

                               •~•

"You need a lot more training Kocho, we can't afford a Hashira going down" Whenever I get hurt, I usually bandage myself and hide it from the others, but surprisingly Kocho would always catch me. And when she does, she gets really mad... I don't have a close relationship with any Hashiras because I can't see anyone I care about dying... But you were always there for me, whenever I felt down, you helped me... well basically teased me about not having friends but it still counts?

You better not leave me alone after stealing my heart... A part of me knew that Kocho was the weakest among the Hashiras, but she managed to get here with her intelligence. I wish she would just retire and live a normal life... away from these man-eating creatures...

I saw her all bandaged up and lying unconsciously on the bed, not a single movement. Lady Tamayo said that she would be all right...  Since the room was too dark, I decided to open the windows. I stood up from my seat and pushed away the curtains

"Kocho-?" I turned around and saw Kocho hissing, her eyes were shut closed and was still unconscious, didn't she want the windows opened? Or was it the sunlight that was disturbing her? I saw tears roll down her cheeks... She was crying! I quickly brought the curtains together to prevent the sunlight from getting in and she stopped.

I went close to her and saw a slight colour change in her skin... her one half was slightly red and the other side was normal... Did she get burned by the sunlight? How did that happen? Was she turning into an

"Tomioka San?" I was distracted when Tanjiro came into the room. She walked towards Kocho and sat in my seat... "Is she not awake yet?"

"Where did you find her? What did the upper rank look like?" What if she was turned into a demon? Would the demon slayer kill her? Or is she different like Nezuko?

"I couldn't see the demon... Me and Inosuke got a mission from the crow saying that we were needed, so we went there, we saw Shinobu San lying on the ground near Lady Tamayo and Yushiro" Was she attacking them? No... there is no proof that Kocho turned into a demon...

"Where is Tamayo?"

"I'm here, Tanjiro, would you be kind enough to give me and the water pillar some privacy?" Tanjiro nodded as he left the room. "I think you have already noticed the sunburn on her skin"

"Did she turn into a..."

"She attacked us, we noticed how she was wearing a Demon slayer's uniform and how she hadn't completely transformed into a demon. I knew that she wasn't any normal slayer but a Hashira after seeing her skills so I injected a medicine."

"What does the medicine do? Will it turn her back into a human?"

"I have been working on a medicine that can turn a demon back to a human, Tanjiro has been guiding us by bringing me the demon's blood samples, but no, it is not completed, there are side effects for this medicine, it might make her body go numb or loss in any of her senses" if she looses any of those... She will have to retire from Demon Slaying... but... "The sun won't kill her, but it will cause her sunburns since not much of Muzan's blood has been transferred"

I didn't feel anything... She wouldn't be the same... She will have to leave the Slayers... and there is no guarantee that she will be a human again. What if someone finds out about this? Can I trust this woman?

"Why are you looking for a cure to turn Demons back to a human?" I looked at her unease expression

"I lost my husband and children to Muzan... and I couldn't fight demons like you, so this will be the least I could do" She was saying the truth but she hid something, something she didn't want me to know about her... She left the room and once again it was just me and Kocho...