Chapter 12

!Spoiler Warning!

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

"Giyuu!"

"GIYUU TOMIOKA!" Huh? I jolted awake to see a familiar figure yelling at me... She had short hair with purple tips... She reminded me of Shinobu... Wait... Where am I-?

"You scared me there!" the girl hugged me... Everything was still a blur to me.  Shinobu... Where is Shinobu? Is she gone? Shouldn't I be at the butterfly mansion? Where am I?

"Papa?" I heard a little looking at me worried...

Wait...

"Nightmares again? You should tell me what it is about so I can help you"

"Shinobu..?"

"For the last time, yes it is me!"

Oh right... It was a dream... No... A nightmare, the woman next to me was Shinobu, she broke free from Muzan's curse... No... He has deceased... I turned over to see Yuri still worried... Again...

"I'm sorry Yuri" I patted her head she just nodded.

"Come on, breakfast is ready" I sat up and remembered my dream... No... I shouldn't be thinking about it, she is free now, she turned back to a human and that is all that matters.

"Papa, can we meet Mrs. Nezuko today?" Yuri looked at me, the reason why she was interested in seeing Nezuko was because she was pregnant

"If your mom is fine with it, but Papa has to go somewhere today okay? I'll take you after that" Yuri nodded giggling, I took my 5-year-old daughter for breakfast.

"I'm guessing that you are gonna meet Tengen and Sanemi" I walked down with Yuri and saw Shinobu settling our breakfast

"Yea... How about we visit Nezuko after that?" I sat down placing Yuri on my lap

"Sounds good to me"

                                  •~•
Author's Note
{Read to understand what is going on!}

I'm sorry if I have caused you guys confusion about what is going on.

In reality, Tamayo managed to replicate the poison just in time without the help of Shinobu's memory, which gave her enough time to study Shinobu's blood, but still, she couldn't make a medicine to bring her back a human. Shinobu took the wisteria poison every day, she was forced to leave the Demon Slayers by Tomioka and the others, she then lived with Urokodaki, the Hashiras and the others would visit her often

After the final battle with Muzan, and after every demon went extinct, the wisteria poison in her kept her alive and it turned her back into a human, but she never gained her forgotten memories.

All the Hashiras except for Tomioka and Shinazugawa died in the battle, soon Tomioka proposed to Shinobu and she happily accepted him as her husband (Me happily crying in the background 🤧✨)

And after a year, they had Yuri, who is now 5 years old

Tanjiro and Kanao are together, Inosuke with Aoi and Zenitsu with Nezuko is 4 months pregnant

Shinobu still doesn't know anything about her past!

                                   •~•

I was done with my breakfast and went to the kitchen to wash it.

"Giyuu..." I heard Shinobu and turned around to her. "I'm bothered by your nightmare... At least tell me what it is about"

I couldn't... I don't want to remind her that she was once a demon... I understood her stress towards me but I didn't want her to know anything about it... I kept the plate away and went to Shinobu who was taking a glass of water. I wrapped my arm around her waist and kept my head on her shoulder

"It's nothing important, I promise" She still wasn't satisfied with my answer.

"Come on Mrs. Tomioka, loosen up a little" I kissed her cheek as she giggled softly... I guess her personality and looks were passed to Yuri... What about me-??

"Me too!" Yuri ran up to us jumping, Shinobu took her up and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. Guess I have done something huge to deserve a loving family...

"I'll be heading to Sanemi's" I let go of Shinobu as she nodded, Yuri waved at me, and I waved at her back...

                              •~•

"So, nightmares again hm?" I just nodded as I took a sip from my water. "Does she ask anything about her past?"

"She used to... I mean... Before Yuri" I replied to Tengen, I have been meeting up with them to tell them about my nightmares... I couldn't share it with Shinobu after all

"It's gonna be alright man" Sanemi stood up and went to the kitchen... Seeing them reminds me of the old days... I wonder what they are doing right now... Did they reborn? At least I hope Obanai and Mitsuri are together...

Sanemi came back from the kitchen and sat back down

"Don't you miss them?" I looked at Tengen who was once again starting a conversation. "Our comrades?"

"I'm proud to be his big brother" Sanemi lost his younger brother, Genya Shinazugawa, in the fight with Upper 1... "And of course... We wouldn't have won without the other's help, I'm grateful"

"You are not getting the point, don't you miss their company? Well, I do... I miss Obanai simping over Mitsuri" Tengen let out a soft laugh... I miss the old Shinobu... "Rengoku yelling all the time with enthusiasm"

Sanemi just signed, I wish I could go back to the past and make up my mistakes...

"I bet they are living their lives happily somewhere" We smiled at each other, I checked the time, it was getting late, I promised Yuri that I would take her to Nezuko

"I'll be heading back, I promised Yuri that I'd take her to see Nezuko" They wished me their goodbyes as I left Sanemi's house...

Everything changed... A lot has changed... We lost many of our friends but they didn't die with regret... Sanemi should have been living a happy life with Kanae... I should be having Sabito and Makomo with me... Tsutako would be proud of me, right? I have a family of my own now, just the way she wanted me to live... You are happy right sister?

"Papa!" Yuri came running to me, I got down to my knees and kissed her cheek

"You shouldn't run away like that Yuri!" Shinobu came running towards us but calmed down when she saw us. Yuri just giggled as Shinobu caught up with us

"Looking pretty Mrs Tomioka" I got back to my feet and gave her a quick kiss on her lips

"I am a Tomioka after all"

"Ewwww!!" we just laughed seeing Yuri look away

"You are just jealous that your papa loves me more~"

"No! Papa loves me more!"

"I love you both equally, don't start a fight here" Yuri giggled as she held my hand... Reminded me of Shinobu holding my hands... I can't believe that I am walking with the girl I had a 'crush' on... To the funny part... I'm walking with our kid...

Author's Note

You thought that I would kill Shinobu. Maybe I will in my other chapters cuz it's entertaining right? (😭)

Anyways thank you guys for reading!

Do vote and leave a comment if you enjoyed the chapter

Maybe follow me too if you like my content-

Thank you