Chapter 2

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

We heard a vase break in Kocho's room, Tsugoku and her Tsugoku ran to her room to see Kocho awake and crying.

"Master!!" Kanao ran to Kocho and hugged her, I examined her from the bed to see if she was alright... what if she couldn't hear? Or see?

"E-eh?"

"Master we were so worried about you!"

"W-what happened? Who are you..?" She doesn't recognise Kanao? Was she having a dull vision? "A-and who is that man over there"

Shinobu Kocho's POV

The man with dark long hair looked at me as if he saw a ghost, and a girl with a butterfly pin started tearing up

"Kocho, it's me, Giyuu Tomioka" Do I know him? Do I know any of them?

"Giyuu Tomioka? I'm afraid I don't know you.." I looked down to see the girl sobbing, what happened? Why is everyone staring at me like that?? My head feels so heavy...

"Master... You..." Why is she calling me Master? I heard soft cries from her whose face was buried in the blanket... I wanted to comfort her but something felt wrong...

"Please don't cry..." She cried even louder... I feel so... uncomfortable, there are people around me crying or shocked by seeing me as I come back from the dead

"You need some rest" I heard the man as he left the room, the girl was still crying... My head felt so heavy so I bent my head down a bit, that was when I realised... who am I?

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

She lost her memories... All of it... does she even know who she is? Does she know about the man-eating creatures? I bet she doesn't even know her name...

I shouldn't be running away from her just because she said that she didn't know me... I'm supposed to keep her safe... What the fuck am I even doing damnit

I walked back to her room and saw Zenitsu talking with her

"Do you remember Nezuko chan~?" Kocho softly giggled as she shook her head.

"Oi, I need to talk to her" As soon as the boy saw me, his emotion changed... he looked sad... was it because she didn't remember him? The boy came closer to me and said something that shocked me

"She is a demon now isn't she?" How did he know..? "I have a good hearing sense, I can differentiate between demons and humans, but she is a nice demon! Like Nezuko Chan~" The boy walked out of the room and it was me and Kocho, should I tell her what is going on? Shouldn't I tell Master?

"I suppose I should know who you all are but I don't remember a thing... Weird to ask but what even is my name?? "

"Shinobu, Shinobu Kocho and I am Giyu Tomioka"

"Well then, what's wrong Tomioka San?" She gave me butterflies when she called my name... I lost everyone... my sister, Sabito, Makomo... and now, I almost lost her... "You know. I'm curious... to know myself basically, so I expect you to know me"

I knew what she wanted, she wanted me to tell her what kind of person she was... should I tell her about the demons?

"Well... like I said, your name is Shinobu Kocho, the girl you saw when you woke up is Kanao Tsuyuri, your successor" I saw Kocho's eyes widen

"Successor?"

"Let me start from the top beginning then"

                                    •~•

It took almost half an hour to explain what was going on in this cruel world. She looked disappointed, angry and evenhanded... Something I have never seen in her

"So you are telling me that this world consists of humans AND demons who eat us?! And we kill them?! Why would their Master even do this??" She has many questions in her head, maybe I should have slowed down a bit... "My family... tell me about my family..."

What should I do..?  Tell her? But won't it cause her more pain?

"You never told me anything about your family, but you live here, in the butterfly mansion with a few others, they were taken in since their family was killed by the demons" I heard a soft cry and a few sniffs, she was crying... I wanted to go up to her and hug her but she would find it uncomfortable since she doesn't even know me...

"I-I am sorry... Is there anyone I am close with?"

"You are close with the female Hashira, you often tease me about the fact that I did not have any friends and you do talk to Tanjiro and his friends"

"The blond one, he said about a demon, a nice demon, fighting for human lives... I want to see them" She gave that determined look on her face, she wanted to know more about the world, more about herself... things she had forgotten. This was one of the main reasons why I love her...

"You can meet them in the evening, but for now, you need rest" She looked at me disappointed but she needed rest. And I had to look for Tamayo and meet Master to tell him about Kocho...

"Well then, promise me that you'll take me to them later!" She held out her pinky finger to me, I saw her doing this 'pinky promise' to Inosuke so I knew how it was done. I brought my pinky to her and we knotted it

"Pinky Promise"

                                •~•

"It seems that she can eat human food... which is a good sign and it will be best if you don't tell her what is going on with her family, she can have a panic attack" I found Tamayo and Yushiro in a laboratory at the mansion. All the windows were closed and so were the curtains.

"She needs to take this medicine every 24 hours so that she won't control to her demon self" I followed her as she explained all the information needed to know to take care of Kocho.

I noticed how there were many blood samples differentiated on a shelf. Some were labelled as used and some weird papers were scattered here and there in the laboratory. It was like a doodle with blood-red colour.

"I wouldn't suggest that you let her have all kinds of food as we eat. And one more thing, give this to her" Tamayo handed me one of the papers scattered around. "This will help her hide her identity as a half-demon, Tanjiro has a good sense of smell which can easily identify demons"

So what's the use of these papers? But Why is it scattered here?

"If needed of me, come meet me here" Tamayo walked away as I let the laleftatory' something about this woman felt wrong...

But most importantly... Will Shinobu get back her memories?