Chapter 14

Giyuu Tomioka's POV

We went back home, and that teasing personality of her's, god I missed her

"What are you thinking about Tomioka San?"

"Just call me Giyuu"

"Well then, what are you thinking about Giyuu?" I smiled at her

"Nothing much, I'm just happy that you are back"

Yuri came to us running from the kitchen, she sat between us with a bowl of Miso soup

"I can't believe I missed 5 years of my baby" She signed... Not just Yuri, the others too wanted to see you... See you back... "We can't fuss about something that we lost now, can we?" Shinobu took Yuri and placed her in her lap.

"Mama? Did you forget me?"

Shinobu Kocho's POV

What am I going to tell her? The truth? That I forgot about her? I can't do that... Even though it feels weird to have a child with you saying that she's your blood...

"Yuri... I'm sorry... It wants on-purpose, love... I promise that such an incident will never happen again..." Tears rolled down her chubby cheeks, I wiped them away and made her face me. "I love you ya know?"

"More than Papa?" Eh-?! Where did she even learn this kind of thing? And did I love him?

"Yes" it was weird... I only saw Tomioka San as a very good friend of mine... Nothing more, nothing less... But I guess during the past 5 years, I developed feelings for him...

"I have a lot to ask you ya know?" I looked at Tomioka who was pretty much lost in his world

"Maybe after this little butterfly goes to sleep" he pets Yuri's head as she starts giggling... I wasn't ready for a family... A 'husband' and a daughter... But this family... Looks fine...

                                •~•

Tomioka San helped me make and after dinner, we were putting Yuri to sleep, which was pretty hard... She kept asking why she had to go to sleep...

"But if I sleep... A monster will eat me!"

"No, they won't!"

"Still can't put her to sleep?" I turned to see Tomioka San laughing at me

"What are you laughing? And you young lady! Go sleep!" Yuri joined Tomioka who was also laughing... Oh my god!

"Good night papa, good night mama" She waved at us as she went to her room.

"She's a little bit of trouble now isn't she?"

"Yes, but I think I can deal with it" Tomioka San nodded as he went off to Yuri's room to make sure that she was gonna sleep, while I went to our room... We were sleeping together... Oh my god... We even did it-

"I wanted to ask you, do you want me to use the other room?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Tomioka San behind me

"N-no it's fine haha" Oh my god-

Tomioka San closed the room but did not lock it, I guess it was for Yuri. I turned off the lights as Tomioka San lay down. I sat down next to him hesitating to lie down... I am married to him... This is normal! Just. Lay. Down.

"I know that it's hard for you to be in the same bed as your comrade type of person..." he understood me but couldn't put together his words...

"I know that you understood... But tell me... What have I missed?" I finally gathered my courage to lie down next to him, I left the sheet moving... Maybe he was facing me?

"Yea so long story..."

                                 •~•

Why did I quit? Why didn't I fight with them? But even if I did... Would I be of any use? Muichiro and Genya we're so young... Rengoku would have defeated the upper 2...

"You should stress out by thinking about the past, they didn't die with regret, not even your sister" I was quiet... We did kill Muzan... Just as they wanted... And Tamayo? The demon who saved me? And Yushiro? He is still alive, right? Maybe I could meet him some time... "You really should sleep now"

I guess I should...

                                 •~•

"Mama! Papa! Wake up!!" I heard Yuri shaking me... I wanted to sleep for 5 more minutes... "Uncle Sanemi is here!!" Sanemi? I haven't seen him... Well...

"I'll get the door" I saw Tomioka San getting up and going to get the door while I sat up getting used to the sudden sunlight hitting me...

"Good morning Yuri"

"Good Morning!!" Are kids always like this? Energetic? I giggled as I kissed her cheek and saw someone coming into the room

"Shinobu?"

"Sanemi-?" he looks older... There were more scars on him... "You changed a lot..."

"Welcome back..." I smiled at him and stood up from the bed. I excused myself and went to the bathroom to get fresh... He lost Genya... But what happened between them? They didn't have a good relationship... It would be rude to ask him about that...

I saw Yuri coming into the bathroom and taking out her brush, after brushing, I helped to wash her face.

Yuri ran out of the bathroom quickly and went to Sanemi, guess he got... Well... He is more patient now?

"I'll make breakfast, don't want you burning the house"

"Just give me a few days, I'll cook better than you!" Tomioka San giggled as he went to the kitchen, Yuri was showing her new toys to Sanemi... The Hashiras... I remember them very well... I remember bandaging them up when they got hurt... I remember the Hashira meeting... When Nezuko was introduced... And now? They are gone... Muichiro was just 14...

"Shinobu? You are crying..." huh? I touched my cheeks which were wet with tears, I wiped them away and apologized to Sanemi

"You know... You were more yourself when you lost your memories... You were... True when you forgot about Kanae and your family... Well... Don't get me in the wrong way..." I understand him, I always faked a smile after Kanae's death... All I wanted was revenge from the upper two. But now? I have a family to take care of... I'll have to get used to this...

Author's Note

We are so damn close to finishing this book and thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it!

Check out my other book 'Was It You All Along?' in my page, if you are interested afcourse

Do vote and comment if you enjoyed

Follow me too for more GiyuShino content (If you enjoy my stories-)