Chapter 6: End of third year

POV Harry:

I receive a Firebolt for Christmas, which if I had to guess I think it's from Sirius, but it was immediately confiscated by McGonagall.

Wood is worried about me in the next match of quidditch, especially because of the dementors, but I have finally been able to produce a partial Patronus, thinking of the first time that I flied with a broom, I don't know if it would be able to fend off a bunch of dementors, but at least I hope that if there is an attack there would only be one or two.

Then, a few days before the match, Pettigrew has disappeared and Ron is pointing fingers at Hermione's cat, which gives us a excuse to be able to put some distance between us and Ron.

The day of the match goes without a hitch, as there are no dementors attacking, but there is certainly Malfoy acting as douche and trying to make me lose pretending to be dementors, I knew from the start what happened, so it didn't affect me.

Weeks later we discover that Buckbeak has lost the trial, so Ron decides to forgive Hermione as he sees how affected she is because of that, what an hypocrite he is, he didn't even try to help us search for a way to help him.

Meanwhile, all this time I have been studying and doing homework with Nott even if we just do it silently and we still haven't talked about anything, I have come to enjoy the little time I spend with him. This times are specially appreciated when the final exams arrive, which I think that I totally nailed, but I don't think Hermione is okay, she told me that she had been going to all classes because of a time-turner, but she should really rest, she was exhausted with all the classes that she did and all that she had to study, at least she already decided that she would return it to McGonagall at the end of the year.

The exams ended and we received the news that Buckbeak would be executed that same day, at sundown, so we went, Ron finding Pettigrew in the way, but at seeing all of the men from the Ministry, we simply turned away under my cape, hearing the axe in the distance.

Pettigrew escapes with Ron following him and then, Sirius appears in his animagus form and takes Ron to a passageway under the Whomping Willow, Hermione and I decide to follow agreeing mentally that we should act as if we didn't know anything.

~ Time Skip ~

Long story short, Ron didn't suspect anything and neither did Dumbledore when he indicated us to use the time-turner to save Sirius and Buckbeak, which we did, I even saved Sirius and myself from a hoard of Dementors with a full Patronus of a Lynx, I don't even know why it took that form, but I do know that the memory that I used for the Patronus was of Nott's and I studying sessions, even if we didn't talk much, they were what makes me the happiest.

After saving Sirius, I assured him that I already knew the truth, but we didn't want Ron to know too, and he left with Buckbeak. He won't be able to be a free man any sooner, but at least he won't be in Azkaban. He also told me that it really was him who sent me the Forebolt and he gave me the permission slip for Hogsmeade.

At the end of the year, Remus is fired, as it has been revealed that he is a werewolf, I ended the third of my year, after Hermione and Nott, and Ron invited Hermione and I to the Quidditch World Cup, which we couldn't reject as Dumbledore would suspect about it, especially since I really like Quidditch.

Before we leave, I say goodbye to Nott, without Ron noticing or neither of the Slytherins, and I see Hermione also talking with Greengrass, so she did talk with her.

I also invite both Luana and Neville to our compartment and Hermione and I keep Ron quiet about his complaints about the two of them.

When we arrive at King's Cross, I say goodbye to all of my friends plus the traitors and then leave to the muggle side of the station where I find my aunt.