Chapter 10: First Task and Yule

A/N: In the POVs of everyone that knows about Harry/Rigel they would think of him as Rigel and not as Harry.

~ Day of the first task ~

POV Theo:

The day of the first task had finally and I could see that Rigel was extremely nervous, I could also tell that the others were worried about him, me included.

I had helped him in everything that I could so that he would be ready, but with him having to possibly fight or outsmart a dragon, it's difficult to know what would happen.

I almost went to the champions' tent to confess my feelings for him, I had finally admitted to myself that yes I have a crush and probably more on Rigel (Daph had to help me a bit), but I had the risk of being seen by others and it will be terrible for Rigel if Dumbledore finds out that he has Slytherin friends or a boyfriend.

The task finally starts and at seeing each champion pass I start to feel more worried as almost everyone of them survived by pure luck. After Krum's turn, Rigel finally appeared and he immediately did the Accio charm to summon his Firebolt, which came a few minutes later. What happened next is something that I wouldn't be able to tell, as it happened off the field and until Rigel returned to the field and took the golden egg nobody knew where they had gone.

Rigel ends up tied first with Krum, with Diggory in second place and Delacour in third place.

I don't know exactly what happened next, but Rigel comes to me the next day in the library.

- Ron apologized to me. - he says after he sits next to me.

- And you had to accept his apologies because of Dumbledore. - I end his sentence and he nods.

- I thought that he wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the year. - he laments. - Oh, do you know some creature from the Black Lake that screeches out of the water? - he ask.

- Is this because of the egg? - I ask.

- Yes, the Gryffindors made me open it and it screeched a lot, then when I was alone in my bed I realized that the map of Hogwarts was drawn on the egg but that the Black Lake wasn't there. - he starts to explain and wow, he is really smart, he doesn't even have to figure this immediately as the second task is in February. - Well, I decided to enter the apartment compartment in my trunk, which has a big tub in the bathroom, and I tried to put the egg under the water to hear it sing. So, do you know about what creature it could be?

- Yes, merpeople, some of them live in the lake. - I say and then remember that he said something about singing, which could be another clue. - What did the singing said?

- Umm. Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, And while you're searching, ponder this: We've taken what you'll sorely miss, An hour long you'll have to look, And to recover what we took. But past an hour - the prospect's black Too late, it's gone, it won't come back. - he says.

So, they will take something dear to you and you will have an hour to search for it under water. - I state.

- It seems so, but how will I be able to breathe underwater? - he asks me.

- Do you know about the bubble-head charm? - I ask and he nods. - Did you learn it? 

- Siri and Remus taught me about it, I have almost perfected it. - he replies.

- Well, then you will have to perfect it. - I tell him and he agrees with me.

We started to spend the next week practicing it in an unused classroom everyday, until one day Rigel came excited.