Chapter 8: Slytherin friends

POV Theo:

Potter was acting strange today, so I went to ask Daphne after Arithmancy ended.

- Theo, something wrong? - she asks when she sees me.

- Potter talked to me. - I reply.

She looks at me confused as if she didn't know what to think about what I said.

- Isn't that what you wanted, tho? - she asks and before I can answer, she adds. - Last year, you spent almost all year complaining about how you couldn't talk to Potter while you studied together.

- That was different. - I state.

- Is it? - she asks.

- Probably not. - I admit.

- Look, I know that you have a crush on Potter... - she starts but I interrupt her.

- I don't. - I say and she looks at me with a skeptical look. - Okay, maybe a bit.

- You talked about him all the time since 1st year because of how magically strong he was and how he didn't let himself be stepped on by Draco or how he didn't let the hate of all school in 2nd year affect him. - she explains and then before I can interrupt her again, she continues. - And then, last year, you also started to talk about how smart he was and you also started to tell me about all of your theories of why Potter was trying to hide his intelligence and why did he hide his metamorphmagus abilities.

- I get it, you can stop now. - Okay, maybe I did have a bit of a crush on Potter, but I really don't know him much.

- You also rambled a lot when Potter started to study with you. - she adds.

- I know, but it doesn't matter if I have a crush on him, I don't know him much. - I say.

- That's why I told you to talk with him when you studied together and now that he talked to you, you're freaking out and thinking that he has gone mad. - she says with a pointed look. - Besides, haven't you thought that the reason that he started to study with you and now talk with you is probably because he also has a crush on you.

- That's not... - I start to say, but then I see Potter dragging Draco to somewhere without seeing Daph and me. - Is that Potter and Draco?

She looks where I'm looking at to see them.

- They are. - she says and then takes my hands. - Let's go follow them.

She then starts to drag me while following them until we see him enter the girl's bathroom from the second floor.

- Why would they come here? - I hear myself ask.

Daph just shrugs her shoulders and enters the bathroom with me behind her just to see the sinks open and stairs appear with Potter in front of them and Draco looking shocked.

- What the hell? - Daph lets escape and Potter and Draco turn to see us.

Potter then turns to see Draco, which strange, and then Draco nods at whatever Potter wanted to know.

- Look Theo, Daphne. Potter is going to tell me something that must stay secret, from what he told me, that's why we came here. - Draco says signaling the stairs going to who knows where.

- What is it? - I ask without thinking and Potter looks at me with an indecipherable look.

Draco turns to look at Potter and he nods.

- Seeing as Malfoy trust you two, I will also tell you, but you will have to take an unbreakable vow and I also hope that none of you will tell anyone about this. - Potter says while signaling the stairs.