Chapter 4: Something is different

5th September 1993

POV Harry:

It is the end of the week which means that we have double potions in the morning and double DADA in the afternoon, the two classes being with the Slytherins, it also means that Ron will be his judgy self, Malfoy will try to sabotage me or Ron and Snape will be his hateful self, at least now I'm confident with my potions skill if nobody sabotages me, at least.

I enter the class behind Hermione and Ron to see that she has decided to sit next to Ron, probably she doesn't want me near him for long times, she is very protective. I look around the class to see that all the Gryffindors are already paired up, Seamus seemed to be missing (probably another accident).

I look at the Slytherin part of the room to see that Nott is sitting next to a blonde girl, so I can't sit next to him as I do in Ancient Runes and Arithmancy. I watch more and see that the only free sit is next to Malfoy, who seems to have returned from the hospital wing after what happened the first day.

I decide to sit next to Malfoy, at least if we work together he won't be able to sabotage me.

- What are you doing here, Potter? - he asks when he realizes that I'm next to him.

- If you haven't realized there isn't any other free sit for me. - I reply and then look at the front where Snape had just arrived and was already writing the instructions for the shrinking potion.

The class goes without a hitch, at least until Snape makes Neville demonstrate the effects of his potion to the class and goes terribly wrong. Somewhat, Snape gives Malfoy and I full marks, even if he seemed to not really want to, but the three of us knew that the potion was perfect and Snape always favored his Slytherins so it was impossible that he was going to put us a bad mark.

Before, we leave class though, Malfoy stops me to suggest that I should be seeking revenge against Sirius, which makes me wonder if Sirius was accused of being the reason of my father and godmother's deaths and if that's the truth then this possibly means that the real culprit is somewhere here in Hogwarts.

I really have to find Sirius now, maybe I should talk to professor Lupin after class this afternoon.

~ Time Skip ~

After the DADA class, where we faced a Boggart, except me as it seems that the professor thought that mine was Voldemort, everyone left except me as I wanted to talk to Lupin, one, because I wanted to be able to fend off Dementors and two, because he may know something about my origin and about Sirius.

- Professor Lupin?

- Harry? You're still here? - he asks, probably surprised that I decided to stay and without Hermione and the traitor.

- Yes, I would like to talk with you in private. - I request. - And if it would be possible without the possibility of anyone overhearing us.

He looks at me surprised, but then motions me to his office and when we are both inside he waves his wand to put different spells so we won't be able to be overheard.

- So, what did you want to talk about?

- There's two things, one is to ask if you could teach me some spell to fend off the Dementors, I don't feel very safe without knowing how to protect myself from them. - I say.

- I could, but are you sure? The spell needed is normally taught to the seven years. - he says.

- At least I want to try learning it. - I reply.

He nods and then asks. - And what was the other thing?

I wonder what would be best to say first, do I ask him directly about Sirius or do I ask him if he knew my parents? In the end, I decide to ask him if he knew my parents.