Chapter Six

Tony was furious with Y/N, although Pepper was worried about them. So she approached their office to see Y/N on the phone, trying to fix what they had messed up.

"Y/N, we need to talk." Pepper told them as they looked at her sadly.

"I'm sorry about the meeting. I just." Y/N sighed. "I don't know what I am doing anymore." They whispered as they ran their hands through their hair. "I got this job here because I needed the job. Not because it was my dream but for my family."

"What was your dream?" Pepper asked them.

"Why are you being nice to me? You should be yelling. Telling me to clear out my stuff." They stated as Pepper just gave them a sad smile.

"I know you're going through a lot and even though Tony is more business driven than compassionate. I am the opposite." She told them. "Maybe take some time out and figure everything out. Also you need to look after yourself too because you have lost a lot of weight and you are exhausted."

"I have bills to pay." They told her. "Kids to provide for, I can't just take time off."

"What if we reduced the amount of work you have." She suggested. "Fewer meetings and reports, it gives you more time to see your therapist and heal."

"I don't need that." They told her. "I can't afford to take a drop in my salary."

"I never said you would lose any money." Pepper told them. "I just said that you will have a smaller work load, not less income. So as of Monday, you will be able to work from home. I will be sure to assign you the reports and meetings personally until I have a written report from Dr Raynor that you are ready to return fully."

"Thank you." They gave her a small smile, truly grateful for what she is doing for them.

"Go home and rest Y/N." She told them as they looked at her. "I have already spoke to Tony about all of this and he has no say. So go home and spend the weekend with your family."

"Ok." They nodded as she waited for them to gather their things. "I'll see you on Monday." With that they left the building, heading towards their and getting in the driver's seat. Their keys in their hand as they soon broke down.

Once they had calmed down, they made their way to the one place they knew would bring them comfort. But the sight they saw made their heart shatter. Wanda hugged a guy who they have never seen before, watching as he left before she noticed Y/N stood outside their car.

"Y/N." Wanda tried as she hurried towards them, trying to catch them before they got back in the car.

"I'm sorry to interrupt whatever that was but it doesn't matter now." They said as they started the car.

"It's not like that!" Wanda told them, hurrying around the front of the car and getting in the passenger seat.

"What are you doing?" They asked her, looking in her direction as she noticed how broken they looked.

"We are talking." She stated as they just laughed dryly.

"I don't want to hear about how you are moving on Wanda." With that they exited the car and started to walk away.

"Y/N!" Wanda followed them as they shrugged her off.

"It's ok Wanda." They looked at her, guilt in their eyes. "I never made you happy so you want to be with someone who will. Just know that I won't stand in the way of your happiness." With that they left her in the street, getting her phone out and inviting Nat over. Needing her best friend.

"Wanda." Nat groaned as Wanda told her everything that had happened. "You really are clueless."

"What?" She asked her, confusion etched onto her features.