||His Kainat - 3||

•|| His Kainat – 3 ||•

The next day at the after dinner, Iqbal Zaidi's family of four was sitting in front of the TV, listening to talk shows

Aliyan was constantly glancing at his sister who had been silent and lost in thoughts after meeting Aariz since last night. He didn't know what they talked about but seeing her like this he was getting scared of her silence.

"Abbu?"

After a very long time, Kainat called her Abbu softly. Iqbal looked at his daughter with a smile and waited for her to speak.

"I am ready for this marriage. You can invite them," She told him slowly, looking at him for a second then dropping her gaze at the floor.

Everyone was stunned and didn't move until she left for sleep and went to her room.

"No one forced her?" Iqbal asked his wife and son who shook their heads.

"I'll go and check on her," Asma said and went after her daughter.

She knocked on the door then entered. Kainat looked at her with tears in her eyes and quickly jumped in her Ammi's arms.

"I made the right decision, Ammi?" She asked her Ammi while crying in her arms.

"Are you happy with it?" Asma asked her, weeping with her.

"All I know is he isn't like Rafee."

Soon her cries turned into small hiccups as she told Asma of her feelings on Nikkah day.

"Do you know.. do you know when I was behaving bravely on Nikkah day, how much my legs trembled.. I-I wanted to cry that day but it felt like a crime, Ammi."

"Shhh.., my Guriya (My doll). Aariz is a good guy. He will always cherish you," Asma rubbed her back and told her softly.

• • •

"Do you, Kainat Zaidi, daughter of Iqbal Zaidi, accept Aariz Awan, son of Ishaaq Awan, as your husband with a haq mehr of 5 carat gold and 1 lakh rupees?"

"Yes."

With shivering hands that she was holding on her lap, she answered tremblingly. Soon after her answer the words of congratulations echoed among every guest, who were only close relatives.

Aariz, who was sitting on the other side, glanced towards her and felt his eyes filled with tears.

His prayers were finally answered.