Figuring out

Author's Pov

"I'll just..." Eleanora nervously gestures to the bathroom.

They knew she wanted to clean up. And with a nod from Andrei, she practically ran in there and closed the door.

She cringed when she looked at her appearance. Her lipgloss was over lining her lips. She was glad she wore a lightly tinted one which doesn't make her look horrendous when smudged.

Her hair was a mess as Arius had held it. Her cheeks stained with half dry tears and skin red hot. She quickly fixed up her state, thoroughly brushed her teeth, cleaned up her arousal and washed her hands before going back inside.

She delayed it as much as she could and wished that her brothers would get frustrated and leave. But she knew that won't be happening.

After standing there panicking for what felt like hours, she knew she had to go back in there.

With shaky hands, she grabbed the knob and pushed open the door. Her brothers were patiently waiting for her like lost kids who had nothing better to do.

As the three oldest brothers stare at her, she wish she could just sprint out of there without being noticed. But that's impossible as she's the victim of their undivided attention.

"I'm trying not to overreact...." Dante exhales one last time before the pitch of his voice heightens without warning. "But what the fuck was that?"

"Dante," Andrei reminds him to stay collected before turning towards their sister. "What did we agree on?"

Eleanora knows he's referring to the acts she's gotten herself involved in. She wasn't allowed to do that. And just like always, when she finds herself in trouble she opts for the easy way out.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles not meeting their heated gaze.

She hears someone sigh. "This isn't going to go on like this. Let's just... Let's just sit down." Zion suggests as he takes a seat on the bed.

After a moment Andrei follows so she reluctantly will her legs forward and sit on the chair he placed in front of himself. Soon Dante joins in and she's now at a trial as all three of them stare at her blankly.

"Do you want to explain yourself?" Dante asks. This time more in control.

"I... I really like Arius." She said the only thing that made sense to her at the moment.

"We know that. But you weren't allowed to engage in anything like that. Were you?"

"No. And I'm sorry for that... But everyone else does it too." She whispers the last part and peers at their shocked expressions. "Xavier was literally fucking Santiago at Arius' house and you didn't say anything to him. Then why are rules different for me?"

She always wanted to ask this. And since they're having an open conversation, she thought it better to bring this up now. Even if she tries to ignore it, their hypocrisy does effect her.

"It's different." Andrei says trying to come up with a better explanation.

"How is it different when they do the same exact thing?" She asks softly.

Zion exhales a breath and takes her hand in both of his. "Because when you have the opportunity to protect the oppressor or the oppressed, you choose the latter."

"If anyone's oppressing me in this situation then it's you guys." Eleanora argued.

"You don't understand, Nora. The world especially the Mafia is designed for men. Everyone here only knows how to take and we don't want you to fall victim to any of them." Andrei explains.