SECURITY CAMERA 001: EMMY TORRES POLICE INTERVIEW

***

***

9:05 AM, MAY 28TH, 1987

RENVALE POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM 01

As the camcorder blacks out one last time, Emmy looks up at the police officers, who are silent after having watched the last half of the recording—of having now seen what really happened in that house, what had happened to Sasha, to Quinn. That they would have to believe her, believe Ben, believe Quinn, believe all of them, now. Her face is haunted, with the trauma of what she has endured, but filled with determination and a hope they believe her, that they will make sure no one else can go inside that damned house.

EMMY

You believe me now? None of us killed Sasha—the demon did, and it plus the ghosts almost killed us and it nearly killed Quinn! If we didn't make it out, if I hadn't made it let go, she wouldn't even be in the hospital or alive right now! You need to close off the house—no one can back in, not ever again, if the demon actually manages to escape—

SMILING POLICE OFFICER

It's a good story, Miss. Torres. But do you honestly think we believe it?

EMMY

It's the truth! You saw it on freaking tape!

She gestures wildly to the camcorder, her facial expression twisted.

GRUFF POLICE OFFICER

Probably a trick of the camera. Your friend Ben did say it was an old one, kid.

EMMY

But it—

GRUFF POLICE OFFICER

Look, all three of you have been through something horribly traumatic. And while this doesn't really give us anything, at least its evidence to prove neither you, Ben Montgomery or Quinn Thompson murdered Sasha Richmond—least of all you, kid.

EMMY

You seriously don't believe me? Believe us? Believe the fucking recording?!

The looks they give her are enough to tell her they don't.

SMILING POLICE OFFICER

Thank you for your time, Miss. Torres. You and your friend are free to head home now. We'll contact you and Miss. Thompson when she's recovered about any more questions regarding last night and the Sasha Richmond case.