CHAPTER 010: THE DECISION

Chapter 010: The Decision

***

CAMCORDER VIDEO FOOTAGE 004

3:45 AM, MAY 28TH, 1987

EMMY

We need to get out of here.

QUINN

Yeah, you said that earlier, Emmy. And just like earlier, we're still no closer in figuring out how the hell to do that.

EMMY

That doesn't matter. There still has to be some way out of here, right? Without us going back into wherever the hell we were when we got outside.

QUINN

Yeah, that still doesn't answer how the fuck we're getting out of here without dying.

EMMY

We're not dying—none of us dying. I'm not gonna let anyone else die tonight.

QUINN

Oh really? How? How are you gonna keep us from being killed by those fucking monsters?

EMMY

I'm a monster radar, remember? The minute I sense that thing or those shapes, we run or hide somewhere and—

QUINN

Oh, fantastic, hide until we miraculously get out of here or murdered!

EMMY

Well, do you have any other ideas? If you do, say them. I'm all ears.

Quinn remains silent.

Giving a look to her best friend, Emmy turns to Ben, who has remained silent.

EMMY

Ben? What do you think?

Ben is quiet, as if mulling over his words, what their trio has been through tonight, before he finally gives his answer.

BEN

You've kept us safe from those monsters all night, Emmy, when it wasn't just pure luck. And I want to find a way out of here, before we don't get lucky and we're killed. I... I want to live till the next morning.