SECURITY CAMERA 001: EMMY TORRES POLICE INTERVIEW

***

***

8:47 AM, MAY 28TH, 1987

RENVALE POLICE STATION

When the door opens, Emmy looks up as the police officers return. They sit down across from her as she watches them. They watch her back.

The silence ticks by until the smiling police officer clears his throat. He isn't smiling anymore, but the nickname has stuck in Emmy's mind.

SMILING POLICE OFFICER

Your friend had some... interesting answers for us, Miss. Torres.

Emmy arches a brow, but remains silent. Her fingers grip the sleeves of her jacket tighter.

SMILING POLICE OFFICER

He also had the same thought as you—that the evidence we don't have would be on that camcorder you're showing us. That proves you're innocent.

EMMY

He'd be right.

Quiet lingers as Emmy swallows before she points to it again.

EMMY

Play it again. There's more you need to see—and you need to know something else. Something it's gonna show.

GRUFF POLICE OFFICER

And what would that be, kid?

EMMY

That you need to close Morrow House off and never let anyone inside it again.

The police officers exchange a look, as if wondering if Emmy's joking. But she isn't, her face showing just how serious she is.

And maybe it's her face or her words or maybe their own curiosity, but the smiling police officer reaches forward and replays it, as the image cuts out of Ben's face into blackness before showing them in another room that isn't the kitchen or dining room. And as Emmy watches, she remembers what happened between the kitchen and that moment.

When they had made their decision.

And when they learned what happened to Sasha.

***

So close to answers, yet so far...

(don't worry, you'll be getting answers!!)

But yeah, the intrigue is amping up! And you'll be getting some non-found footage chapters for a little bit! As much as I love writing in this format, it's gonna be nice writing in the traditional format again (if you can call any writing format traditional...)

Next chapter should be up very soon!

Please read, comment and vote!

GhostWriterGirl out!