CHAPTER 5

****

Hey,
I hope you like the chapter.❤️

Veer's eyes blazed with anger, and a sinister smirk crept onto his lips as he observed Mahi trembling in fear. With deliberate intent, he advanced toward her, causing Mahi to retreat a step in trepidation.

"So, you know me so well, huh?" Veer asked with a frowning brow. "Are you a fan of mine?" His dominating aura was strangling her breath, and his eyes were digging into her soul. "N-no... I just heard about it from people here," Mahi said in a trembling voice. "And you told everything to your friend that you've heard?"

"I'm sorry... please spare me," she pleaded. "Chlo, it's fine. I'll spare you," he said, leaving Rajat confused. "But!" His single word made Mahi flinch. "You have to share some information with me about your friend, and I'll spare you... how's that?"
Mahi fell silent for a moment.

"What?" "You don't want to share?"

"No... no, I'll share,"
She said, trembling. A devilish smile formed on his face.
"Good."
"Rajat, I'll leave this work to you." Rajat nodded in response, and Veer left from there.

***

"Okay, okay, I'll give chocolates to you, but you have to be in a proper line," Ruhi said to the kids while she reached into the tote bag slung over her shoulder and began rummaging through it. She started distributing chocolates to the kids, smiling happily. After some time when she was done distributing chocolates, she intended to leave, but a figure stopped her. "Oh, wow, chocolates!" Veer said in an excited voice. "Can I have some too?" He asked Ruhi with hope in his eyes. His tone was soft yet dominating. Ruhi handed him some chocolates while looking down and avoiding eye contact.

"Why is she not looking at me? Is she avoiding me? She's looking downward but not at me? Is the floor more tempting than me? When she's looking down, I can see her long eyelashes. Is she nervous... maybe?"

Ruhi tried to leave from there. "Arey madam ji, where are you going?"
"Oh! I got it; you just heard some rumors about me from your friend, and now you're acting like a stranger to me."

"Kaha aap pehle humse haath mila rahi thi aur ab nazre bhi nahi mila rahi," Veer said.

("you were shaking hands with me earlier and now you are not even looking at me?")

"N...no, I am not ignoring you... I was just..."

Ruhi tried to defend herself with her trembling words, which made her appear weak, but in Veer's eyes, she looked adorable. "You were just?" Veer asked with a frown. "I was just...

Okay, stop forcing yourself because I know you were ignoring me," Veer said, cutting her off. "Okay, let me clear up all your confusion... I know you heard some rumors about me and my mother, which are initially true."

"So what if my mother runs a gang? She is well respected here; many politicians and officers are good friends of my mother, and they seek help from my mother when they need it, and she always helps them because she's a good person, and..."

"Thakur sahab!" Ruhi interrupted his line and said, "I should get going now. It's getting late. My friends must be waiting for me." She turned on her heels to leave.

"You're leaving?"
"Okay, next time, I'll come soon,"
he said, smiling, and watched her disappearing figure. Ruhi turned around and saw Veer walking backward slowly, one hand in his pocket and the other rubbing his neck while looking at her with an innocent yet playful smile. Ruhi turned back and left from there. "Bhai!" Rajat came running. "I got what you wanted," as Rajat said that, a smirk formed upon Veer's face.

***

"Yeah... yeah, I've reached," Ruhi came home late at night. Ruhi is from a middle-class family. Ruhi's father Mr. Harish Sharma is a teacher at school, and her house is as normal as any normal house would be. She entered the hall and saw three familiar figures sitting on the couch. Her mother was serving them food.

"Oh no, no, aunty, I'm already full." Ruhi was stunned after recognizing them. Yes, it was Veer, Tarun, and Rajat. Veer lifted his gaze towards the gate and found her standing there dumbfounded.

Veer stood up upon seeing her. "Arey madam ji, you are finally here. Why are you so late? Did something happen to your bus on your way back?" He asked. Ruhi was too shocked to see him in her house.

Did she make any mistake by getting to know him? Or did she make a mistake by not getting to know him properly?"

"What are you thinking, Madam Ji?" "You were the one who left without completing our conversation, so I came here to finish it... because as soon as you heard about my mother, you started ignoring me."

"N...no, it was..." she started fumbling. "No, no, it's not like that, beta," Ruhi's father tried to console Veer.
"Ek minute. Inhe mana le pehle? Aap toh maan hi jaenge," he said to her father.
("Shall I convince her first? You will definitely agree.")

"Yes...so where were we? Ah...yes! I was telling you about my mother... She's a good person by heart, and most importantly, I'm my mother's one and only lovable son and her legal heir," as Veer said that, Rajat gave him an undefined look. He looked confused. Did he hear right? "One and only legal heir?"

"Yes, I'm rich, but I'm not irresponsible.... the whole banaras knows that Thakur Veer Singh has broken many bones but never broken a girl's heart."

"Yes, it's true," Rajat and Tarun supported his statement.

"So, I'm offering to share my life and property with you."

He took one more step closer to her and lifted her chin up, making her look into his eyes.

"Marry me, Ruhi Sharma."

Ruhi's eyes widened in shock; she distanced herself but veer approached her after grabbing a box that was on the couch. He grabbed it and handed it to Ruhi.

"This is a saree I chose myself for you. Tomorrow, when my mother comes to see you, wear this. You will look really good in this, and she will definitely like you," he said.

"Okay, uncle, aunty, and grandmother, see you soon."

They left from there, leaving a family in shock.

As for what will happen next, it's hard to say for sure, but proposing in this way is certainly unique and unexpected. It will depend on how Ruhi reacts to Veer's proposal and what her feelings are towards him.

To be continued:-

What do you think will happen next? 

Did you like the chapter? Please let me know in the comment section, and please vote and follow.❤️