CHAPTER 23

Hey!

Hope you like the chapter <3

Ab yaha tak padhne aaye ho to vote and comment bhi kr dena :)          

             ~~•••••{{{()}}}••••~~

"Oh, wait, I've seen you somewhere before, you..." Aryan pulled the seat beside Tarun forward and sat on it.

"You're Thakur Veeransh Singh's brother, right? Isn't it?" Tarun nodded at Aryan's words, finished his drink, and got up from his seat giving him no heed.

"Oh, please wait. Mr. Singh, where are you going? You're Sejal's friend, please give us the chance to serve you too," Aryan also got up from his seat following Tarun.

"There's no need for that, we're not such good friends anyway," Sejal twirled her hair with her index finger. Tarun looked at her and let out a scoff.

"Yeah, exactly, and besides, I'm here for some other business," he said and walked away from there.

"Baby... do you know Tarun Singh? And you didn't tell me?" Aryan approached her and asked.

"Aryan, please, don't start right now," Sejal rolled her eyes.

"But listen to me once, just look, just for a while, just for some time, some money..." Before Aryan could finish, Sejal slammed her hand on the bar top and stood up from her seat.

"Aryan, please, I told you I don't know Mr. Singh well. We've only met once or twice, that's it."

"But what's wrong with asking once, can't you do this much for me?" Aryan gritted his teeth.

"ARYAN! what do you want? I'm already trying, right? I perform at this bar at night, work a part-time job in the morning, for whom? Only for you FOR US ," Sejal curled her hands into fists.

A heavy sigh escaped Aryan's lips. "Sejal, by doing all this, you're not doing me any favors." Sejal shot a sharp glance at Aryan and started to walk away from her seat at his words.

"Okay, wait a minute, baby, just listen to me..." Aryan grabbed Sejal's arm to stop her.

"Baby, do you want my creditors to kill me? If I don't pay their installment by the end of this month, then... they'll..." Tears began to well up in Aryan's eyes.

Sejal sighed, witnessing her boyfriend's drama.

"Fine, but I'll only ask once."

****

In the VIP lounge, away from the noisy crowd, Tarun settled onto the rich brown sofa, loosened his tie, and propped his feet up on the table, leaning his head back against the sofa.

"What a terrible taste this girl has. Well, who cares," he muttered to himself, closing his eyes in frustration.

A knock at the door caught Tarun's attention. He raised his head and glanced towards the door.

"Can I come in, Mr. Singh?" Aryan asked, opening the frosted glass door handle.

"Nahi," Tarun replied curtly.

(No)

"Sorry?"

"You heard me," Tarun grabbed his phone and started scrolling through it.

"I need to talk to you," Sejal interjected, nudging Aryan aside and stepping into the lounge.

"And why would you think I'd talk to you?" Tarun set his phone aside and crossed his arms over his chest.