Chapter 2- Welcome

Ichabod is in his room, packing his tools, books, and other belongings in his bag. In his room, the sound chirping from a Red Cardinal is heard inside of its cage and a knocking is heard from the door.

"Come in."

Y/n walks into the room without her hat, letting her hair free, with a 'Really' look. Y/n has known Ichabod since they were little kids since both of their fathers work together. Growing up they shared the same passion and when both of them figured out they wanted to be Constables together, they helped each other out. That is how Ichabod knew about Y/n and Kasper being the same person since he helped her with the persona.

Ichabod turns and smiles at her while closing his bag. "I know what you're going to say and I would let you know that I apologize for dragging you in." Ichabod apologizes, but Y/n shakes her head.

"No, that is not what I wanted to talk about. What I wanted to say was how on earth were you able to get away from talking all willy-dilly? And yet you were able to get a murder case from it." Y/n says while walking towards him and looking at the equipment on the table.

"I'm not sure either, but I am glad to be able to show the new ways I was arguing about all this time." Ichabod says. He walks towards the birdcage and grabs the Red Cardinal with Y/n following behind. They walk towards the open window and Ichabod releases the bird, both of them watching it fly away. They look down and see the coach stop in the street below.

"Well, it's now or never." Y/n says walking towards the door, but Ichabod calls her making her stop. She turns around to see him pointing to her head, indicating about her hair. She smiles and goes looking for her hat.

~~~

The coach leaves the city and follows the dirt road going through different forests and close to the river, the sun disappearing due to the clouds and fog rolling in.

Inside the coach, Y/n is reading a book to pass the time and Ichabod looks into his bag and pulls out a book that shows different medical methods and some information about the murders in Sleepy Hollow.

Some more time passes and Ichabod is looking at a tool with many sharp ends. He pauses and begins studying his palm, which has tiny dots lined up. Y/n looks up from her book to see him lost in thought, so she reaches her hand to hold his. He looks up and gives Y/n a "Thank you" smile.

At Night, Y/n is asleep and Ichabod begins dosing off till a wolf howling is heard he wakes up and nervously shuts the window's curtain. He checks on Y/n to see if she woke up, but sighs in relief when he sees her asleep.

The Next day, the coach drops off Ichabod and Y/n at the entrance of the town with their bags at hand. They begin following the road passing the church and homes. They looked around to see if they could find other people and when they passed houses, the windows would be closed. They look to the side to see a wooden bunker with many sharp sticks around it and they stop when they see a young boy giving water to his father and the father thanks him before entering the bunker.

They walked till they made it to the Van Tassel House and set their bags down to knock on the door. Next to them in a dark corner, a couple is kissing lustfully and the two look at them before looking away quickly.

The door opened and they walked in to see many men and women dancing and drinking. They walked till they saw men going in circles around a woman who was blindfolded saying "The Pickety Witch." The two try to get through, but are stopped when the blind woman caught Y/n and begins feeling her face.

"Is this Theodore?" She questions.

"No, pardon, miss. We are only strangers." Ichabod says since Y/n never talks her identity isn't revealed.