Chapter thirty-seven

Harvey- Holy mother of God. Bruce Wayne.

Yn- Bruce! *You say relieved*

Harvey- Hey, Bruce. Are you okay?

Bruce- I'm fine. I heard about Jim. Is it true?

Harvey- As far as I'm concerned, Jim Gordon is alive, kicking, and waiting for us to find him.

Bruce- Detective. Don't lie to me.

Harvey- It's not looking good. I was hoping you could help me. Did you see Jim? How did you guys get out of the bunker?

Bruce- Yn, Jeremiah, and I had already left the bunker.

Yn- Jerome... Jerome sprayed him with a gas that drove him insane.

Harvey- I'm so sick of that freaking family. Did you hear about Gotham Clock Tower? Huh? This guy's got these massive explosives...

Bruce- It's our fault.

Yn- Bruce, no, what about the contract? We didn't even read the fine print. *You were worried and scared*

Harvey- What?

Bruce- Jeremiah had plans to create next-generation generators.

Yn- We funded him.

Harvey- Wayne Enterprises built those bombs?!

Bruce- Listen, the schematics for the batteries should be in Wayne Enterprises and lab. Lucius could take a look at them and figure out how to disarm the bombs. I'm gonna get them now with Yn.

Harvey- No, no, no, no, no. you and Yn are going home.

Yn- No, we have to do...

Harvey- Look, I know you guys feel guilty. But Jim Gordon was... is... important to all of us. And it's my job, so you two go home. Be with Alfred. Be safe. It's what Jim would want.

*Bruce's phone rings*

Bruce- Alfred, where have you been?

Jeremiah- No, not Alfred. I hope you didn't catch a cold in my brother's grave. I know those things aren't exactly designed for the living.

Bruce- What have you done? Where's Alfred?!

Yn- Wait, something happened to Alfred?

Jeremiah- Such anger. Oh, and is that Yn I hear? some people... not me, of course... might consider that ingratitude considering all I've done for the both of you, all I'm still doing for you.

Bruce- You mean lying to me and my sister? using our company to build bombs? Trying to kill me? Trying to take my sister hostage?

Jeremiah- Bruce, let's get something straight. If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead. I'd have put a bullet through your brain and left you to rot in that grave. And if I wanted your sister, she would be with me right now. But I meant what I said. You're my best friend,  and today I'm gonna prove it to you.

Bruce- You are insane. You killed Jim Gordon.

Jeremiah- And if you don't want your man servant to die, too, you two will follow my instructions to the letter. 71 Welling Avenue. Be there in an hour. Tell the police and I'll know. Just like I know that's where the both of you are right now. *Jeremiah hangs up*