Chapter sixty

(Jim's POV)

*Ace Chemicals*

Jim- If you're here, Jeremiah must be alive.

Ecco- And if you're here, I'm guessing you found our test subjects, all boiled and bubbled.

Jim- What's he planning?

Ecco- Shhh. It's a surprise, don't you know? A real killer.

Jervis- Shall I hypnotized our friends here and have them slit each other's necks?

Ecco- *laughs* Niy. Better check with the boss. He might have other ideas.

Jim- I'm sorry I got you involved on this.

Lee- Don't be. I knew what I was getting myself into.

Jim- I know, but, Lee...

Lee- Jim, whatever you want to tell me, save it till we're out of here.

Jim- Fair enough. We need to find out what Valeska's planning. Hey, Tetch. You know, it's funny. I never figured you for Jeremiah's errand boy.

Jervis- Oh, Captain. No errands do I run. This is simply a way for me to have some fun.

Lee- Tell yourself that. What are you when you would take away your games and your rhymes? Nothing but a second-rater with a really silly hat.

Jervis- Shut up.

*Ecco whispers into Jervis's ear, and they both laugh*

Jervis- Beautiful. Beautiful, Lee Thompkins, you do intrigue me so. First, you were a doctor, then the Narrows Queen. Tell me, please do, *Pulls out his watch* are you running from your past when you become someone new?

*He puts the watch to their faces*

(Your POV)

*You and Bruce walk into a building*

Bruce- Jeremiah! Show yourself!

*A video starts to play in the theater. It said "MOARCH THEATER PRESENTS" The it read "DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS IN The mark of ZORRO" Then at the bottom it read " copyright 1920 DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS PICTURES CORPORATION"*

Yn- What is this Bruce?

Bruce- It's the movie me and our parents watched the night they were killed.

Yn- So you're telling me I have to see how they died.

Bruce- Seems like it.

Yn- I don't want to.

Bruce- I know I won't let you see.

*You focus on the screen*

Jeremiah- Ole! Hola, Bruce, Yn. Well, here we are, the theater where your mummy and daddy took Bruce to see "The mark of ZORRO." I had heard you were obsessed with this man as a child. I wonder what was it that intrigued you so? Was it the fact that he struck fear into the hearts of his enemy? En garde! Take that, you villain. Vagabond. Scoundrel isn't this the part where you become frightened? When you asked your parents to leave? I wonder what would have happened if you hadn't done that.

Yn- What is he talking about?

Jeremiah- If you had conquered your fear. Maybe your parents would still be alive.

Yn- So he's saying if you stayed, they might still be alive?

Bruce- Yes.

Jeremiah- Well, on to the last stop of memory lane.

*You saw your parents leaving, so you follow them*