Chapter forty-five

*You decided you were going to leave Gotham for your safety. You were hot wiring a cat and were about to drive off, but someone got into the back seat*

*You start driving, and you didn't even bother to see who it was*

?- Pull up into that ally over there.

*You pulled into the ally and parked the car, and then you felt a gun being placed on your head*

?- Hello beautiful. Long time no see did ya miss me?

*Bruce's POV*

*Jeremiah pulls off a bag off Bruce's head*

Bruce- It's true. How did you two...

Ra's- Find each other? Like to think it was you, Bruce. You brought us together. I trust things went smoothly?

Jeremiah- Like clock work. Did your men return my bombs?

Ra's- They are en route to their positions as we speak. From here, we can take in the full majesty of Gotham's destruction.

Bruce- You're both insane.

Ra's- I know it's difficult to fathom, Bruce, but Jeremiah and I are doing this for your benefit.

Bruce- How is destroying Gotham supposed to help me?

Ra's- Because I had a vision that out of this crucible of blood and fire will rise, the dark knight's true potential that your city will need. That I need.

Jeremiah- To be honest, Bruce, prophesies, Visions... not really my cup of tea. But our friend revealed something to me, that my twin obsessions rebuilding Gotham and rebuilding you are one and the same. You're the brother I never had, the one Jerome never could be. We will create a legacy in this city, Gotham falls , we rise, together.

*Your POV*

Yn- Jerome? No, it can't be your dead.

Jerome- Nope, faked it.

Yn- What do you want? I want to leave this city.

Jerome- I can't let you leave. You're gonna help me find my brother.

*Bruce's POV*

Ra's- Civilization is so fragile, Bruce. Gotham is soon to be each man for himself, a more savage place.

Barbara- Sounds like fun. Sure you want to leave? Oh, hey, Bruce. *she looks at Jeremiah* Freak.

Ra's- Hello, Barbara. I'm really glad you came.

Barbara- *sighs* Bad new, baby. I'm not leaving. Gotham's in my blood. And I didn't think I can let you leave, either.

Ra's- You reforged it. Well, now.

Barbara- You see, you say you're leaving, but I've got a feeling you're gonna be back. And I don't like looking over my shoulder.