Chapter fifty-five

Bruce- No. We do this together, Selina, Yn. That was the deal.

Selina- Funny, I don't remember saying that.

Yn- Same.

?- Now, I know you've come far and wide to meet the man himself. But first, he requires a show of faith. Don't be shy. Jeremiah awaits. Who is ready?

*People start to stand up*

?- *Gasps* Lovely. Jeremiah will be so happy. But remember, he wants only the most faithful followers. And you all have a chance to prove yourself right up those stairs. And the rest of you, get out!

*People start to leave, but you and Selina walk forward*

Bruce- Selina, Yn.

Selina- Wait. We want to meet Jeremiah.

Yn- Yeah.

?- You both don't look like one of Jeremiah's worshipers.

Yn- We have witnessed his work first hand. We will never forget it.

?- Then, right this way.

*You and Selina start to walk into the direction she pointed to*

(? POV)

*She takes off her mask, and it was Ecco*

(Your POV)

*You and Selina follow the rest of the followers into an empty pool*

Ecco- I'll have to have a word with the cleaning lady.

Yn- *In head* Ecco, what did he do to you?

Ecco- Mind your step, Pilgrims.

Yn- *Wispers* Selina, that's Ecco.

Selina- *Whispers* Will seems like she's as crazy as he is.

Ecco- But first the main attraction.

*Ecco pills off a cover off the table, and there were six guns and six bullets*

Ecco- Six-shooters. Bang, bang. Each of you gets one gun. And one bullet.

*You and the rest of the followers, except for Selina, grabs a gun and a bullet*

Selina- What is this?

Ecco- Like I said, a show of faith. But if you're Ch-Ch-Ch-Chicken...

*Selina grabs a gun and a bullet*

Ecco- *Gasps*

Selina- Try me.

*You all form a circle and place the guns on the back of their heads*

Ecco- Oh, my little Pilgrims. This will make Jeremiah so happy. Now, on a count of three. One...Two...Chicken Poo. Just seeing if y'all were listening. Three!

*Gunshots*

Ecco- Well, well, well. You disappoint me, Curls. I had such high hopes for you. What, with that cocky little swagger and all. And it seems like your friend here was braver than you.

Selina- I'm just not a mindless idiot who's willing to get shot in the head for nothing.

Yn- So I'm a mindless idiot for going through with it?

Selina- Yeah, you are.

Ecco- Hear that? Curls is here to judge all of us, to judge Jeremiah and his methods. But her friend didn't judge his methods. What a fitting reminder to outsiders, Jeremiah's methods may look like madness, but we believers know his methods will be our salvation. Now, I need to have a word with our friends. The rest of you get straight A's. Please proceed and be reborn. *Humming*

Selina- Your brother is going to be mad. You could've gotten yourself killed.

Yn- Yeah, will I miss him. Okay, Jeremiah and Ecco were nice to me, and you want to hurt them.

Selina- Their crazy.

Yn- So thier still people.

Ecco- What's the matter? Don't you want to meet Jeremiah? Just like your friend does.

Selina- I do. I'm just not willing to play your little psychotic game.

Ecco- *Laughs* But, baby, it's so fun.

Selina- If it's so fun, why don't you play?

Yn- Selina no.

Ecco- Don't you get it? I have.

*She shows us the bullet mark behind her ear*

Yn- Omg. *Shocked and worried*

Ecco- The bullets still inside. Rattling around this old hoggin of mine. Ping. Ping. Ping. Boy, do I feel it when the night gets cold.

*She puts the gun to head, then click, click*

Ecco- *Laughing*

Selina- You're insane.

Ecco- No. I was willing to look death in the face, to allow the old me to die.

Yn- What? *Confused*

Ecco- It's the gift Jeremiah's brother Jerome gave him. And the gift he wants for all of his followers. Don't you want to experience this gift for yourself? I know I want you to. And your friend wants you to Selina. *points a gun at Selina*