Chapter fifty-one

Yn- Omg! *you said happily* Bruce, I have been for you.

Bruce- Yn, I have been looking for you too, but I'm kinda busy right now looking for a witch.

Yn- I'm coming with you.

Bruce- Okay, but stay close.

*You and Bruce found this weird building where you found dead people turning into plants*

Man- Are you here to see her?

Bruce- Who?

Man- The Witch.

Yn- We're not with the witch.

Bruce- We just came here for help.

Man- Come for her magic, have you? So did others from our district. And look at them now. They came for help, too, and took their souls. But she'll never kill again. we have her this time.

Bruce- You captured her?

Man- She's locked in the storeroom back there. We stripped it clean before we locked her in. The plants you see. She talks to them. Makes them do thing's. So we took her light, water, put salt on the floor. She's helpless now.

Yn- We need to talk to her.

Man- No. We sent for more of us. When they come, we burn her.

Bruce- Listen. Our brother is missing. We know this witch took him. We need to find out what she did with him. Please, let us talk to her. Five minutes is all we need, and then you can do whatever you want.

Man- Your brother's dead. She'll kill the both of you, too.

Yn- Five minutes. *pleading*

Man- In there.

*You and Bruce walk into the room*

Bruce- Hello, Ivy.

(Jim's POV)

*At The Sirens*

Jim- Barbara. This place is busy, despite things.

Barbara- What's that? It's a big fat prize, Jim, begging to be taken. So, what brings you crawling out into the open tonight? Come to join the party? One last hoorah before someone wastes you?

Jim- I'm here for a favor.

Barbara- A favor, right. Is this after you stood by and did nothing while my best friend on this Earth was stabbed through the heart?

Jim- I put him down.

Barbara- You restored his limp. He should be dead!

Jim- Barbara.

Barbara- Everybody out! Now! I said Move!

Jim- Planning revenge?

Barbara- Well, someone has to do something about that freak.

Jim- He has an army. It would be suicide.

Barbara- Look around, Jim. We're all slowly dying. Just some of us get to choose how.

Jim- I'm sorry about what happened to Tabitha. Things got out of control. I'm just trying to keep this city from falling apart.

Barbara- You're too late. So, this favor?

Jim- I need transportation. Trucks, maybe.

Barbara- Where are you going?

Jim- It's a police matter.

Barbara- You know, they should really write that on your tombstone. They're downstairs in the basement lot. Knock yourself out. Drive right into this nightmare you created. You won't last the night. Here he comes, Gotham. Your judge, your jailer, your most hated son! Have at him! Rip him to shreds! No one deserves to die more than he. *Starts crying*

(Your POV)

Ivy- Bruce? Yn? Thank God. You guys have to help me. I didn't kill those men out there in the vines. You have to believe me.

Bruce- You'll forgive me if I find it hard to do so.

Ivy- It wasn't me. It was the park.

Yn- The Park?

Ivy- The trees, the plants, the roots underground... They're speaking to one another. When those men came to kill me... The plants came to my protection.

Bruce- Then maybe we can help each other. We have a friend... Who was shot. The bullet severed her spinal cord. The doctors can't seem to help her. But a woman at the hospital said that you might be able to.

Ivy- Normally, I would say no. But this park... ever since we were cut off from the rest of the world, it's been behaving differently. There are things growing here I have never seen before.

Man- You okay in there? Our friends are on their way. Times running out for you, witch!

Ivy- There's a seed. It's growing under the oaks. It's said to have magical qualities. When digested, it heads for damaged tissue and bone, healing them. If I help you find it... Will you protect me from those men out there?

*You, Bruce, and Ivy walk out of the room*

Man- Oh, no!

*The man pushes her back inside
and locks the door*

Bruce- Stay calm. Okay? Her name is Ivy.

Man- She's a witch and will burn her for what she's done.

Yn- We take full responsibility for her.

Bruce- If she's done what you say, she will pay for her crimes, but...

*Ivy fights the men and kills them*

Ivy- You both are so utterly naive.

Yn- You didn't have to kill them.

Ivy- I wanted to, why are you here?

Bruce- We are here for our friend. Our friend. Selina.

Ivy- Selina's the one that's hurt?

Bruce- She's paralyzed and has lost the will to live.

Ivy- Good. That bitch destroyed the last of the cazarus water. Let her suffer.

Yn- I don't believe you mean that.

Bruce- You've known each other for a long time. You grew up on the streets together.

Ivy- You know, I wasn't lying when I said this park is changing. I'm feeding the Earth with these wretched creatures. It consumes them, and then it flourishes. I think I shall plant both of your bodies in the ground, Bruce, Yn. what will grow from the both of you, I wonder?