Meeting the Wishmaster

Beeping. Incessant beeping. My head was pounding, my eyesight still coming to. I pull my palm to my temple and let out a small groan, the floor below me coming in clearly as a bright yellow.

"Wha-?" I mumble.

"Well that's not possible." I hear a voice ring out.

My vision finally settled on a bright yellow room, in the center, a hot tub, and to the right of me, a black and white silent film playing on a screen taking up the entirety of the wall. But, no one seemingly around.

I stood to my feet and tumbled slightly. Where the hell was I?

"Come again?" I ask, walking closer to the hot tub.

Taking one quick peek inside I notice a shadow like male figure floating amongst beer cans, food trays and some other garbage. He looked fatigued, distraught and... sad.

I wish I could say this took me aback, but after how my world was before falling asleep, nothing quite surprised me anymore. It was that of an apocalypse, or something along those lines. To say I could place exactly what had happened would be a lie, it had only been 3 weeks since the mushroom explosion and mutation of the people around me. I'd spent most of my days lately narrowly surviving, and then I somehow woke up in this strange place after a solid nights rest and a dream of a golden owl. Was this what people would consider the afterlife? Did I make it?

"Humans. That look like you? Normal face, normal hair, normal brain. Ligaments. Yeah, they're not really around anymore. Alright. Make your wish."

"W-wish? I don't even know where I am or how I got here or-"

"My name is Prismo, the wishmaster. I grant wishes and junk throughout the multiverse."

He clearly didn't care about his explanation, obviously tiring of his own work.

"Can I- well, what do most people's wishes usually entail? Are there consequences? How did I even get here?"

The beeping sound still never ceased. The shadow of the man in the hot tub slowly moved to the wall, his figure pink in hue.

"Something or someone wanted you to be here. I don't ask questions, I just.. do my job."

"Would your job be to answer that damn beeping?" I ask irritably.

"My name is Maeve, just so, you know, we're introduced. I don't mean to be rude I just-"

"Okay. Fine." He mutters, pressing a bright pink flashing light on a remote I seemed to have glossed over.

The screen had an urgent alert on it; CROSSOVER.

"Crossover?" I ask.

"A crossover. Okay." He mutters in response, as if this was supposed to make some sense to me.

He begins to click the remote through channels, finding the universe this "crossover" was coming from. Ooo, he called it. He began searching for the crossover, clicking through, and through, until,

"Oh my gosh, you ARE Fionna and Cake! The real ones!" A little girl on the screen exclaims to a 20 something year old blonde and her cat.

Prismo's face contorts worriedly, "oh, crud!"

He begins to panic and shuts all openings within the confines of the space we occupied.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I begin to panic as well, terrified of what this all meant.

It seemed very important.

Before the girl and cat could finish speaking to the young child, Prismo beamed them into the room with us.