Chapter 3 - Old Visitor

The three monsters looked at Mothra in disbelief, especially Godzilla. Oh Gigan was going to regret hurting Mothra like that! The giant lizard growled and got up pacing around the field in anger, he should've just finished Gigan the last time he came to Monster Island. Not only was that pest annoying but he was also a thief! Stealing his food and the island's minerals for his home back in space! King Ghidorah must've laughed at him so hard when Gigan returned to tell him that he stole from Godzilla, the supposed King Of Monsters at that time.

"So Manda saved you? Did he see what happened too?" Godzilla asked hopefully, he wanted more information for their plans.

"He said there was some creature flying towards Monster Island after I fell unconscious." Mothra looked away it was her fault Gigan got away and now she just couldn't forgive herself.

Anguirus noticed her reaction and smiled. "Cheer up Mothra it's not your fault, Gigan's nothing but a bully! We'll teach him a lesson once he gets here!"

"But what if he's already here? Where else could he have disappeared too after that? Even Manda doesn't know what happened to him."

Anguirus, Mothra and King Caesar looked at Godzilla and than at each other, what the Monster King said made a lot of sense but at the same time, the thought of Gigan settling down somewhere on Monster Island was disturbing they had to be careful and warn the others not to wander off especially at night.

Was Gigan truly alone? Had he come back to Monster Island for revenge? But he was severely outnumbered there was no way he was the only kaiju involved in this scheme someone else has to be the mastermind behind all this Gigan wasn't daring enough to pull this off on his own. But King Ghidorah is dead, who was Gigan's new commander? An unknown kaiju that nobody knows about? If that's the case, they need to take action right now there was no time to lose.

"Guys I don't know about you, but something isn't right."

"What do you mean Godzilla?" Anguirus looked puzzled at Godzilla's sudden doubts.

"There's another kaiju behind this. It doesn't make sense for Gigan to head in our direction all by himself."

"So you're saying there's a new leader who has taken over King Ghidorah's place? Is it a space kaiju or one of our allies? There's no one else Gigan could possibly reach, Muto Prime would obliterate him on sight, Titanosaurus would chase him out and Megaguirus would leave a very painful sting." Everyone looked at King Caesar, impressed by his attentiveness. Godzilla knew he could rely on both Anguirus and King Caesar.

Godzilla looked at the sky, the spiral was slowly disappearing. Strange. 

"I think we're gonna have to keep an eye on everyone here, we can't trust our own friends they could be secretly plotting something and I'm afraid I can't trust you guys either."

Anguirus and King Caesar yelped, Mothra narrowed her eyes at all three of them. The moth had just returned from the incident and now Godzilla suspects her even after she warned him about the intruder. She felt so betrayed, and a little heartbroken. 

"But Godzilla we're your friends! How could you accuse us of such things we'd never destroy Monster Island it means the world to us!" Anguirus cried rolling on the floor like a child throwing a tantrum.

Meanwhile King Caesar was throwing more rocks and pebbles off the cliff and roaring in frustration, the entire hill was probably shaking right now from all the impact. 

"Look I don't think you guys are behind it, in fact I don't think anyone on Monster Island is responsible for the spiral in the sky and Mothra's injury but better be safe than sorry." The giant lizard drew a line with his finger on the ground, separating himself from the other kaiju.

"From now on, stay back until I get to the bottom of this." He growled stomping away in frustration while the others watched.

"Why's he so mad?"

"I have no idea Anguirus."

"I can't believe after all that I told him that lizard doesn't trust me!" Mothra sighed and flew away sulking. 

"Cheer up Mothra maybe he's upset 'cause you got hurt, imagine hearing that your loved one got injured and you couldn't do anything about it. It must hurt him a lot too." Seeing his friends like this made King Caesar upset he wish there was a way to help but after seeing Godzilla's outburst maybe he should keep a distance for a while.

Anguirus and King Caesar watched as Godzilla and Mothra disappeared from sight leaving the two of them on the hill, and here they thought Godzilla and Mothra would be the last ones to leave not them. But after hearing about Gigan possibly being on Monster Island the two were terrified they imagined hearing his tail gliding along the grass and appearing behind them or his hooks scraping against each other slowly coming up toward them. They hugged each other in fear, if that happens surely Godzilla will save them. But now he doesn't trust them.

"Hey King Caesar what if I'm the one behind all this."

"Don't be silly Anguirus you don't know anything about what happened. You just heard about it today!"

"But maybe I'm hiding something from you guys!"

"Oh maybe you are! Say Anguirus do you think I'm the mastermind?!" King Caesar stared at Anguirus wide-eyed like an owl, freaking him out as he stumbled back against the pile of leaves.

"I think so! Well your name is King Caesar! Where's your kingdom?!"

"In space my dear friend."

Anguirus took a few steps back he hope King Caesar was joking it was hard to tell after all that happened. 

"There's nowhere to run Anguirus!" King Caesar was grinning like a maniac.

"That's why I'm fighting back!"

The larger kaiju stopped. Was Anguirus seriously going to do this? He had to be kidding.

The reptile swayed his tail back and fourth a few times before swinging it towards King Caesar who was standing there in confusion.

"I'm sorry King Caesar." The tail struck his head causing King Caesar to fall to the ground unconscious.

Anguirus looked at his friend in guilt. 

"I know you're just joking around but I had to cause you were creeping me out." With that Anguirus carried his friend on his back and walked away.