Chapter 12 - The Gathering

"Where's my meal?! It's been an hour!" Destroyah yelled as he slammed his tail on the ground in anger. Baragon and King Caesar could see smoke coming out of his nostrils the giant crustacean was furious whoever was in charge better hurry.

"Just be patient Destroyah I'm sure Gorosaurus and the others are almost done. They're preparing the best meal you'll ever have! That's why it's taking a while but it'll be worth it." Gigan went on to which Destroyah sighed and frowned the space kaiju's yapping wasn't going to help he couldn't organize his plans on an empty stomach let alone fight off more enemies out there especially the two outcasts who were reported to have disappeared.

Now where could those two have gone?!

The menacing kaiju was starting to get a little worried, Scylla's reassurance of finding them didn't make him feel any better, no one had seen them for the past few hours any possible plans up the two kaiju's sleeves was making him uncomfortable in his own throne. No matter how fearful Destroyah was now, he couldn't show it, every kaiju on the island now looked up to him, at least that's what he and Gigan believed but even then it didn't seem like it.

Looking at Baragon and King Caesar, the crustacean kaiju wondered if they knew something about Godzilla and Mothra's sudden disappearance. He wanted to ask them a few questions but that would only make him seem insecure so he brushed it off and watched them carefully. 

Their expressions were unreadable it was hard to tell what they were even thinking, Destroyah could guess it was only about taking a break which made him slump back on the throne. This time, he got a slight reaction from the other kaiju, their chatters and concerned looks meant that they probably don't know what's going on so Destroyah had nothing to worry about for now.

Until he heard a loud commotion near the shore which surprised him because no one told him there was a special guest or event happening. 

"What's going on?" Destroyah asked panickily only to be met with the clueless and frightened expressions of Baragon and King Caesar which annoyed him a little. Ugh there's no point asking you guys anyways. Knowing the usual reactions he got from them, Destroyah didn't bother he got up and flew towards the scene leaving the two kaiju dumbfounded.

Don't tell me they're back that would be terrifying who knows what their planning now? Godzilla always has a solution and I don't think this one's going to be easy to figure out both he and Mothra just disappeared like that! At this moment in time, the once ruthless Destroyah was now a timid mouse. He knew there were consequences to his actions which meant heading off somewhere else to think of another plan because it was clear this one had failed and his instinct was nagging at him about it.

"Godzilla and Mothra are back!" That voice sounded so familiar it made the crustacean kaiju grit his teeth with a lot of pressure exerted. 

Why on Earth was Gigan standing there and celebrating their return he should be reporting back to him. None of this was making any sense Gigan should know better than to hope for Mothra to come back to him in open arms because that was just a dream. Even so, Gigan wasn't excited about their arrival only Mothra's return he had completely pushed aside the most important factor of all.

Godzilla's plan and it was obvious they weren't prepared.

When the giant crustacean got to the shore he was met with Gigan running towards Mothra only to trip and fall clumsily while the other kaiju welcomed the giant reptile and moth with cheers and apologies. For some reason Destroyah was starting to feel a tinge of guilt what could he have done better was all he could think of. The crustacean kaiju wished someone would greet him like that.