Chapter 6 - Betrayal

"Why would you guys help him? Have you forgotten what this bird brain has done? As long as he's still around Monster Island will always be in danger." Godzilla was upset he never expected that two of his allies would side with Gigan at the same time. What's worse is that more kaiju are probably working with Gigan meaning he couldn't trust anyone. The giant lizard had to be careful but even after all that's happened, Anguirus and the others were still willing to help him, he couldn't push them away.

So it's settled, Godzilla will have to get away from here and alert everyone especially Anguirus, King Caesar and Mothra since they are the only ones including himself, who are aware about this. He can't let Gigan get to them.

Both Baragon and Scylla were struggling to get on their feet, Godzilla's tail swipe and hits were pretty strong. There was a dent in a tree trunk leaving a memory that Godzilla will have a hard time forgetting once this is over. The giant lizard growled and looked at Gigan who was trying to keep himself from passing out. No matter how many times the space kaiju fought Godzilla he always lost, his attacks were predictable and Godzilla knew how to evade them.

Which made Gigan really mad. 

"If you were a good leader none of this would've happened."

Godzilla looked at him and roared. Who does this guy think he is? Insulting other Kaiju's leadership when he's barely a leader himself. What was Ghidorah thinking when he chose this fool as his comrade?

"If Ghidorah saw your potential you would've been leader by now, guess there wasn't any." 

The only Kaiju that was likely to takeover Ghidorah's place was Gigan, he was the most loyal of all kaiju and fought beside him most of the time. Since Gigan is probably working for someone that means whoever it is doesn't have any affiliation with him nor the three-headed tyrant. Still, Godzilla just couldn't think of who. To add on, who would want to work with Gigan in the first place.

"Well it's too bad this conversation has to end so soon."

There was a presence behind him as Godzilla turned around and got knocked in the head by a large boulder, falling to the ground in immense pain from the impact. Baragon stood there watching the giant lizard as he blacked out. The last thing he heard was the sound of scurrying footsteps on the grass. Gigan got away again.

"Well done Baragon! I knew I could rely on you!" The space kaiju said in glee.

The rat-like creature didn't say anything he just stood there with remorse in his eyes. Gigan took this as an opportunity to fill his mind with more poison. 

"Listen buddy, if Godzilla cared about you he wouldn't exclude you from the group. It seems he'd rather spend time with Anguirus and King Caesar, but that's OK! We're a team now! So you can stop worrying about that got it?"

Still no response, Gigan could only observe in amusement. What a pityful creature. He thought, to him everyone on Monster Island were just Godzilla's followers they didn't have their own views, at least that's how he felt about the state of the titans.

Which is why he wanted to introduce a new leader for all the titans, one who would let them go about their day in full glory! Gigan just couldn't wait to roam the skies without anyone stopping him. The time will come he just had to be patient.

~~~

The sound of waves formed an image in his mind, one of the ocean and peaceful Monster Island. If only things were always like this.

"Godzilla you there? Buddy get up!"

No response.

"Hello?! This is ridiculous. EARTH TO GODZILLA!"

There was slight movement but the giant reptile was still lying on the sand.

"COME ON BUDDY WAKE UP!" Anguirus shook Godzilla for a while until the giant reptile finally opened his eyes and saw his friend.

Not too far from them was Mothra, watching the two with a relaxed expression on her face. Oh boy what did Godzilla get into this time.

"Where's Gigan?!"

Anguirus and Mothra looked at Godzilla puzzled.

"In your dreams! Hahaha!" Anguirus was rolling on the floor laughing, he couldn't believe what was going on with Godzilla.

Mothra narrowed her eyes at the two and sighed. This was going to be a hectic case. If Godzilla got beat up by Gigan of all kaiju then she really didn't know what to say. Maybe it was time to move to Manda's island dealing with this childish nonsense was tiring.

"Alright listen Anguirus. I can't believe I'm saying this. Godzilla is clearly hurt and here you are mocking him what kind of friend does that aren't you a little concerned or are you just gonna sit there and laugh at him? We're up against a cunning foe this is no time for games get serious." Mothra just had to. The giant moth had been keeping all these frustrations for such a longtime sometimes her friends were never serious and she couldn't stand that. Was she worried about Godzilla? Absolutely, he was clearly knocked out from fighting Gigan why ignore him when there was a bigger problem ahead of them. 

Both kaiju stared at her in shock especially Godzilla. The giant reptile was moved by Mothra's words his heart fluttered every time he replayed those sentences in his head. While that was happening Anguirus scratched his head in embarrassment and smiled sheepishly to hide his guilt. Why is she so mad? This was going to be a long day for sure.

"What happened Godzilla? We found you laying here on the sand." 

"Yeah I'm guessing you fought Gigan but why are you near the shore?" Anguirus looked at Mothra who was just as confused as he was.

The giant reptile got up weakly, the struck from the boulder had taken a toll on him. Now a terrible headache was about to unfold and he wasn't sure if he was ready to stay in his den for the rest of the day given the situation.

"Gigan's here and that bird brain is not alone, he's got other two kaiju alongside him which is why..." Godzilla looked away in disappointment. Both Anguirus and Mothra took note of this they knew something was wrong.

"Baragon knocked me out after I took care of Gigan but because of that he got away. I can't believe he would betray us like that, and Scylla's with them too. There's a hidden base in the forest and things aren't looking good. We have to put a stop to this the spiral that we saw in the sky was part of their plan Scylla led me there turns out it was a trap but I think she had to let me know about it I'm sure both she and Baragon feel bad about what they have done."

Anguirus stepped forward in anger. The thought of Baragon betraying them like that made his blood boil. From friends to enemies, what he did was unforgiveable.

"Where's the base? Those pests aren't getting away with it!" 

Seeing Anguirus determined to avenge his friend gave Mothra a little hope and she knew Godzilla felt the weight lifted off his shoulders. 

The giant reptile looked at his friends and smiled. He glanced at the bushes leading to a trail covered by trees and other plants.

"It's just ahead follow me and watch your step the area is quite dense."