Chapter 11 - Preparation

"Did you see any shellfish when you were there?"

"A few I guess they just got washed up on the shore the sand was quite bare honestly."

Both the giant lizard and evergreen moth were now heading to Manda's island as part of their plan. If they couldn't beat Destroyah in a battle than perhaps another method might work, one that would chase him out for good. He needed to make sure he had enough high-quality food to survive as Monster Island's new ruler without it how was he going to thrive?

Even though their friends had surrendered, Godzilla was going to put Destroyah in his place, the giant lizard was determined to and Mothra shared the same sentiment, she will never forget what Destroyah did to Anguirus.

They had to hurry, their dear friend was about to be turned into one of Destroyah's minions. Time was running out it was already afternoon by the time they got back Destroyah could be having a big feast and would suspect them of bringing food pretty late. Once they got to Manda's Island the dish had to have been thought of and the ingredients needed to be prepared in a flash. It was a race against time and boy were the two kaiju on their own in this situation.

"Let's hope Manda's got all the ingredients, his diet is mainly seafood there should be some spares we could utilize for Destroyah's meal." Godzilla noticed some fishes swimming towards the direction, a sign that they were close by now.

Mothra dove lower to get a closer look at the view in front of them. Not too far away was a familiar-looking island with a huge rocky structure rooted somewhere in the middle with two lanky coconut trees. Both kaiju could feel their hearts racing, the nightmare was going to be over soon they were nearing the first step. However Godzilla started having doubts about whether Manda would help them if they were ready with all the essentials, sometimes he would snap at his thoughts. Manda was a great ally, their friend would always find ways to help, it has always been that way.

Within a few minutes both Godzilla and Mothra arrived at Manda's Island. The fishes from before scurried to different corners of the shore leaving soft splashes before disappearing into the waves.

The Island was no bigger than Monster Island, it looked to be enough for just three kaiju there wasn't much around only a few trees and rocks. Like what Mothra had said before, the sand was clean and shiny there was barely anything on it except for a few seashells and pebbles.

Besides the howling of the wind, Manda's island was quiet there was no sign of any kaiju except little critters like hermit crabs and a few seagulls searching for food. If the island was bigger, both Godzilla and Mothra wouldn't mind staying for a while they could have some peace from battles but spending time with their friends was always the best way to relieve tension.

"We're finally here." Godzilla walked towards the huge boulder that was blocked by wide bushes. If he remembered correctly, that was Manda's cave he might be in there. 

"Godzilla wait." Mothra caught up with him and tapped his shoulder lightly to which the giant reptile turned around with a confused expression.

"Manda's in there isn't he?"

"We can't be sure of that he could be hunting for food somewhere out there."

"Well what should we do then? Stand here and wait like a bunch of planks? Come on then let's go." 

Mothra watched as the King of the Monsters began approaching the dark opening oblivious to his surroundings. From the stillness of the ambience, Manda was probably not home, even though that was his resting spot, the serpent spent most of his time in the water or piling up his catch outside at the exact spot she was standing. The moth narrowed her eyes and followed closely behind to keep Godzilla safe from harm although the only thing that would startle him were the seagulls.

Just then a twig snapped behind her causing both kaiju to jump and slowly glance at what was behind them.

"Fancy meeting you here Mothra." A familiar voice chimed.

"Manda right on time! Hello my dear friend!" Godzilla waved at the sea dragon who flipped in the air and waved back.

"Godzilla it's been a while! What brings you here?"

"It's Destroyah we need your help."

"Lemme guess, Gigan planned this whole 'Destroyah the new ruler of Monsters' scheme huh?"

"You guessed it! See I didn't even need to explain anything Manda you're attentive as always."

Manda chuckled and did another flip in the air which made Mothra yelp in shock she wasn't expecting another swoop of air coming her way.

Are these two done we don't have much time here. Mothra narrowed her eyes at the two friends thinking of ways to get them back on the topic.

"We need your help." Flying towards Godzilla, the giant moth landed beside him and looked at Manda waiting for what he was about to say next. She had to admit with what's happening she wasn't entirely hopeful but they could try to convince Manda if he objected.

"To make a seafood platter with some extra ingredients." Godzilla added his tail started swaying back and fourth eager for an answer from the serpent he was hoping to hear something positive.

"You've come to the right place. We're going to prepare the meal right now." Manda walked briskly to a spot near his cave with Godzilla and Mothra following him as they saw piles of various seafood and a barbeque stand.

Godzilla watched as Manda placed some of the ingredients on the table and spread them out. The seafood was freshly caught which was perfect for the plan. 

"The ingredient we're adding is poison I'm assuming?" Manda stopped what he was doing and stared at them for a while.

Looking at each other, both kaiju smirked and nodded to which Manda understood.

"This island has a few poisonous fruits we'll just have to pick the right one. Destroyah will get a terrible stomachache from this meal, I suppose there's no other way to chase him out he is a tough opponent."

"Yeah we'll get him next time." Godzilla said remembering what happened to Anguirus after their ferocious battle.

"I'll ask Ebirah to bring some clams there's plenty during this season." Manda headed towards the shoreline that was more active than before when Godzilla and Mothra arrived.

Both kaiju looked in the direction of Monster Island and smiled, victory was coming their way pretty soon.