Chapter 15

Addison's POV
--
We were free. I could taste the escape that we had now gained. "Thank you." I stood on my toes and kissed Kian then ran. This was my chance to get away, the last chance I would get.

"Keep going!!!" Lena yelled behind me, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me. "Fuck." She breathed. I could finally see the door, the thing that I'd never thought I'd be so happy to see. This was the moment of life relief I had been begging for from the beginning, I couldn't wait any longer to be outside. I pulled at the door furiously, awaiting to see the dreary scenery that grew around the building. The gray sky sending a gloomy aura through the air, the clouds hanging low.

"Can we come?" I heard the voice of a gentleman from behind me, I knew who it was right away. He had been the enime from the very beginning, however he now held a different place. I thought of him as more or less an acquaintance, seeing as how he was part of the reason I was trapped here in the first place. I was greatful that he had set me free, not to mention his best friend who Lena free as well. Part of me thought that these boys weren't so bad, and I really did want to tell him yes, but I knew he wouldn't be able to handle the real world. After what I've seen of him, he's far too dangerous to have a life outside of this asylum.

"I don't think..." I paused, I couldn't come to tell him my true opinion. After he just set me free? What kind of 'thank you' is that? "Are you sure you want to join the world again?" I asked, he sighed. I suppose he wasn't exactly ready himself.

"I want to be with you though," he looked at me, I could tell what his true feelings were, "I'd miss you." I sighed deeply, guilt was no way to change my mind, but it began to work. I hated myself for admitting this, but I'd miss him too. For some strange unknowing reason I felt as though I had fallen for him. He was dangerous, devilish and somewhat evil, but he proved to me that be could be a good person. By letting me go, I know I can learn to trust him.

"Fine. Let's go. Fast." There was no more time to waste on this, I'd have to figure out where he would stay afterwards. "Are you coming?" I looked to Sam, he nodded and grabbed Lena's hand. This was it. This was our big escape. We leapt outside, the fresh air entering our bodies, it was a feeling I'd never forget. A feeling of such wonder, a feeling that was irreplaceable.

"We're finally going home." Lena cried, a fragile smile on her lips. I nodded slightly, smiling to myself as well. It was the best feeling in the world. The only issue was now I needed to figure out what I'd do about Kian, I was also going to have to ask Lena about Sam. We had no real place to hide them, and there was no way in hell out parents would allow the men who kidnapped us, to stay with us. I looked around us, running freely, as fast as I could, I never wanted to see that place again. Hopefully I never would.

"Hurry up! We still need to get as far away as possible." I yelled, being sure that they all got away safe. In a way, Kian and I saved each other. He set me free, and I set him free. He no longer has to live like an insane person, sure he had a severe illness, but I was going to be sure that he got taken care of. I was overjoyed to see the smile on his face, seeing the outside world again. He look over to me and his smile grew, he threw his arms around my waist and kissed me without hesitation. I loved it. The way his dry lips felt against my surprisingly soft ones, it was incredible. He looked me straight in the eyes and gave me a look of sorrow and love.

"Thank you."
------------------------------------

That's it guys! That's the last chapter! I got a bit lazy and didn't feel like continuing this story, mainly because I feel as though there wouldn't have been much else I could have written about.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this story! Maybe there'll be a sequel? Not sure yet...

Love you all so much!

-hailee