Chapter 3

Addison's POV
--------------------

My phone rang and I sat up, grabbing it swiftly off of my bed side table. "Hello?" My morning voice was quiet, and I could barely see due to the blur in my eyes.

"Dude, you must have slept in. It's almost 2:00 in the afternoon!" Lena shouted through the other line. Fuck, I slept in longer than I had hoped I would. Now I have to rush to get ready, the plan was that I was going to spend the night at her place. Her dad was probably going to be asleep considering the late shift he had to work the previous night, so she could easily sneak out. I sighed and climbed out of bed, quickly getting ready, not bothering really with saying goodbye to my mother. We met at the corner of my street and made our way to the asylum, I have to admit, it took way longer then I expected it to be.

"That took way longer than it should have." Lena said, out of breath. We stared at the huge building in front of us, although it was big, it was packed pretty tightly together. It looked more like an apartment building rather than a mental institution.

"What I can't believe, is the fact that our teacher was fucking crazy enough to send us here. I mean look at all of the creepy stuff, I hate it." I pointed to the old rusted doors and stained windows. It was terrible here, judging by the outside I assumed that the inside was going to be worse. It wasn't what I imagined an asylum should look like. My eyes wandered around the property, I spotted a shadow standing in the window. I couldn't make out the facial features, or even the hair colour, but judging by the size of the shadow I guessed that they were pretty short. Lena runs up to the door and stretches her arm out to knock on the over-sized door. Someone beats her to it though, and the door creaks open. Lena and I both jump back, slightly anxious about going inside the spooky terror house filled with insane people.

"Welcome, ladies." A sweet sounding woman stands in the doorway, smiling widely. We both stayed silent as the lady directed us inside, "You two are the girls here sent by Mr.Jones, correct?" Her voice was sweet and quiet, she smiled once again as she stared at us.

"Yeah, that's us. I'm Addison, and that's Lena," I point to my best friend.

"Well, it's nice to have you here. We look forward to giving you a tour and introducing you to some of the residents here." She was starting to sound crazy, mentioning us meeting the people here? They're crazy! If she hadn't noticed, I didn't plan on being that involved with the crazy bat-shit people. I figured that we would just get a bit of information from her, or whoever the warden here was, I never expected us to have the privilege of talking to the actual insane patients. I suppose it would be more interesting to collect the information from the people who are experiencing the mental illnesses.

"Where do we start?" Lena asked, sounding more excited than I thought she would have been.

"We start with the tour, of course. Then maybe you girls would like to meet some of the residents?" She gave us a promising look that said I'm sure you girls will love them. I didn't expect us to enjoy the company of the people, however seeing as both of us were to scared to speak up, we were stuck meeting them. I was concerned that something wrong was going to occur, I personally didn't want to be attacked by someone in a straight jacket. If they even have those here, knowing that they let strangers greet them. She directs us around a few slim hallways and into the first room of the tour. "This room here is the medical examination room." She points to what seems to be all of the dangerous objects, such as needles and other pointy medical things. Not only was the outside of the building scary, but the inside was too.

"This place gives me goosebumps.." I whisper to Lena as we continue to walk through the never ending hallways.

"This is our main entertainment space." She directed us to a big room full of tired and diseased looking humans. They didn't look right. Not that I assumed they would. To some up the details of the room, it was sort of like a living room, except they didn't have a t.v. they had a record player. It played the same song on loop, a soft piano mesmerizing all of the patients that were trapped in that room. The lady finished up the tour and brought us back to the main area, with the entertainment space. "Oh dear, it seems like we won't have enough time for you girls to meet everybody. Why don't you come back tomorrow and we can start introducing you to a few of our members here." She smiled a friendly smile. I nodded and looked around at the room one last time, spotting a few guys staring at us. They were all quiet, sending whispers to each other. It creeped me out, were they talking about us?

"Thank you very much, ma'am. The tour was lovely." I try to be as polite as I can, turning away from the chittering men that were in the other room.

"It was my pleasure. Be sure to come back tomorrow, we'll have them ready to go first thing." And with that, Lena and I gave a quick smile and fled the building, not looking back.

"What the fuck was that?" She gives me a worried look. I wasn't sure how to answer, I knew one thing. I did not want to come back here tomorrow, or at all as a matter of fact.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story. I'm trying my best to put a good amount of detail in. How am I doing so far?

Love you guys! Don't forget to leave a like and comment :)

-hailee