Ch. 3

Maddie's POV and Thoughts

Dream*

I was dancing on stage, then suddenly all hell broke loose. People were screaming, running, even the judges were running scared. I could even process what was going on, I couldn't even move. Everything stopped around me, like slow motion.

But, a pair of arms picks me up holding me like a Kohala. I look up and see an unknown person. He looks like me.
"Who are you," my voice echoes through he empty room.
"I'm your father, your coming home with me," he says partly politely. His grip tightens. He chuckles as he pushes my head gently so my chin lays on his shoulder.

He was walking in the process. I see to my right Matt being held back by some people in masks.
"Matt," I ask.
"Maddie run!" He says as they try to take him away. My "dad's" grip tightens on me as he stand so he faces away and I am watching.
"LET ME GO!" I say trying to break free.

"Evidence!" He yells. That plays over and over like a song on an endless repeat. Matt starts to cry.
"NO!!!!!!" I scream. Tears fall as my dad shoved me to the ground. He kicks and curses at me like I'm an object. He bends down and starts to strangle me, and really hard at that.

"STOP HURTING HER!" Matt screams. My eyes start to roll at the back of my head. My dad laughs evilly in victory.

End of Nightmare*

I wake up and I am on the ground, the clock read 1:38am. I was safely in my bed, but I needed a glass of milk. I got out of my bed and slowly went down the stairs. The lamp light was on and Melissa had her reading glasses on reading contracts and other paperwork. She was fast asleep.

I grabbed a clear glass and outed some milk. I finished drinking it and went up stairs back to sleep before we wake up for dance practice.

The next morning*

I wake up at 6:30am for dance practice for the Ellen show. The dance has been going great so far, but I don't know where Miss Abby is taking this. As to who we point the finger at. Most of her dances over the years have been like this, to prove a point. But, why must we do it on national television, I mean what if it backfires?

"You guys are supposed to tell a story. I'm not seeing that story. We only have two more practices before this goes on national television. Don't make a fool of yourselves and don't make a fool of me, understand," Abby asks. We all nod.
"Let's get back to work," Abby says. We finished the dance yesterday so we are cleaning it today.

Melissa's POV

"So Maddie's third video with Sia debuted this morning," I say changing the subject.
"How did the public take it," Jess asks.
"People loved it but then again the negativity rises, people think it is a dig at Matt that he is tearing Maddie down. She may be young but like the title says Big Girls Cry," I say.
"With everything that happens, Abby has a tendency to take a dig at people through dance, and the public is catching on," Holly says.

"They turn something so positive into something so negative. I think Maddie needs to speak with Matt, I know she may not want to, but it may be a better option to at least resolve the problem," Kira says.
"I think she is mentally not ready to face him again, after what happened. She is scared he will hurt her again," Jill says.

"Well it should happen sometime, when she is ready though, she knows his address if she ever wants to talk to him," I say. They all nod. Hours later the girls finish dance, from 8-6 everyday. They are all homeschooled now, because it makes dance easier for them so they can improve. We are all excited to got to Ellen, but nervous as to what will happen.