Ch. 8

Maddie's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling great. The time says 10:00am It sucks I have to fake a desk in front of the person that took care of me for the past few years, but if it gets me a normal life, then so be it. I don't have a specific outfit to wear since I'm still in a gown, but it makes my life easier. Janice came in with some shampoo, conditioner, soap, brush, hair drier, my phone, charger, some of my clothes, and earphones.

"Your mother dropped this off. You can use the shower in there. I will be waiting in here to help you if you need it. Just call for me if you need it or press the button," she explains. I nod and head into the somewhat home-ish bathroom. I step in and let the perfect water temperature splash against my skin. I haven't taken a shower since he day of the incident.

I rinse the shampoo through my skin thoroughly. I repeated that 2 times, cleaned my body with fresh soap, and stepped out of he shower. I wrapped a towel around my body as I left the steam out of the bathroom. After a few minutes it finally clears out, so I put on my underwear, my favorite t-shirt, blackand skirt. It is now 11:50, wow I was in the bathroom that long.

I step out and see Janice preparing my lunch, from my favorite restaurant.
"I ordered it special. I have to comb your hair for you," she says. I sit on my bed in the edge. She slowly starts to com my hair.
"Are you excited to see him," she asks.
"I guess," I say looking down.

"Don't be sad, you know I once had a fight with my brother like you did. I said things I didn't regret and we have talked in a while. But, that doesn't mean I don't love him anymore. Be yourself and be who you would be when you are with him. Don't make him upset, he loves you and he won't see you again," she states. I nod slowly as she finishes combing my hair then dries it, and finishes at exactly 12:00.

"Look you need to tell the others, I can't do this.........just yet. I need to allow at least a few days with him.
To tell him, I love him and will always care about him. It's difficult not having him in the plan but if it gets me to a life where Matt can live in peace, so be it. Just give it a week and then I'm ready for that makeover. After that, off to North Carolina," I say.

"I understand, I will tell the others, and I will release you today," she says smiling. My face lights up like a Christmas tree.

She gets a call on the phone in my room. She talks a bit and then said ok.
"He is in the main hall on this floor. You can go out there and look for him. Take a left then down the halls few feet he should be there, good luck and I'll see you soon," she says. I hug her.
"Thank you for everything, I will never forget you," I say smiling.

She helps me up and let me tell you, my heart is beating so damn fast, I'm sure China can here it. I take the left and to my surprise he is at the counter talking to the nurse, with tears of joy him his eyes. I hear him say happily:
"So I can really take her home???" The nurse at the counter nods. She looks my way and Matt follows.

I know people didn't expect this out of me, but everything I have done negatively towards him, I throw into the trash can and immediately put that aside. (not literally) He wouldn't expect this, I run up to him, with tears out of my eyes.

Down the hall I don't listen to to anybody, they all look towards Matt and smile. Everything seems to be in slow motion at this point. For the first time in my life I see the flashback of when I first see him, running up to me, picking me up and loving me like that was no tomorrow. Now I feel like it's the opposite, yet we are still the same years later.

He holds his arms out as I jump into his arms hearing the sound of awes in the hall. I am now crying hysterically, tears of joy seeing my whole life flash before my eyes. Every memory I have had with him good or bad makes me realize how selfish I was of him. Rubbing the back of his neck with my hands makes me remember when I fell on my hip.

He was there to help me, and console me, when I needed. (pretend it was Matt, but this moment made me cry when I saw that moment) The way he rubbed my back in circling motions makes me remember how when I almost lost him to his- our mother. But the way I laid my head on his shoulder with my face facing his neck makes me remember when I needed a shoulder to cry on he was there.

I just could let this go, all the things I have don't makes me wonder if leaving him would be worth it. But, that isn't the point.
"I'm sorry for everything I did, I haven't slept all night knowing all the bad thing a I did to you," I say as my voice cracks. He sits down on the chair next to the desk.

"Hey hey hey, shh. It's okay, we make mistakes and I am never gonna leave you ever again. Your my sister, just remember that," he says as he keeps a grip on me. A tear falls and he wipes it away. I wipe his tears away and he laughs a bit. He smiles as he looks at me. He gently moves a strand of hair off my face.

"Shall we go home," he asks. I smile and nod. I get off his lap and stand up. He takes my hand and we walk out of the hospital. It takes about 15 minutes to get to his new apartment that I haven't seen. It's in a beautiful end of town where you have a view of the whole city. Once we reach there I was so caught up in my thoughts Matt had already opened the door for me.

I shake my head a bit and step out of the car. So I guess this is gonna be my house for the next week. Just understand when I leave its for your own good.I'm sorry Matt.