Ch. 6

A/N Sorry if this seems short

Six months later*

Maddie's POV

You might be wondering, how am I talking to you if I'm in a coma? Well it's possible believe it or not the constant heart rate beeping monitor that is hooked up to me is the most annoying thing in the world. I don't know if I'm dead or alive, but I can hear everything. I just wish, I succeeded, that would have been the icing on the cake.

I feel like I am always gonna be that famous person forever. That I'm always gonna be known as Maddie Ziegler/Espinosa, sister of famous vine star, I'm never gonna live to see the day where that name doesn't matter, where I can be..........................just Maddie.

I just wish I could be someone where fame doesn't interfere, where everyone will treat me as a famous person. Laying here for the past six months, gives me a lot of thinking, what if I can be somebody else. No matter the consequences I want to make that happen.

I'll still dance, just not for dance moms. I'll dye my hair, get color contacts instead of my others, (that weren't worn in her coma) if it succeeds I'll be a normal girl, not Maddie Ziegler. No more
"Are you the girl that tried to commit suicide"
"Did you really do this all for attention"
"Why are you even related to Matt? He is so much better than you"

The same old creaking door opens to my room. I don't know who it is since I can't see but knowing the smell of perfume it is Mackenzie.
"Hey Maddie, it's me again. I brought new flowers," she says. I can smell them from here and they smell amazing. I could feel her walk over to the chair next to me bed. She sits down making a slight noise when the chair scratches against the floor as she moves closer to my hospital bed.

"You know everyday I wonder if you can here me. I'm still talking to you like I used to, with a slight complication. *she chuckles* So Matt came by the house today........he wanted to check up on your condition. We told the same response and he was still disappointed. To this day, he said to me he wonders what he could have done differently. *deep down I think the same thing, what could I have done differently?*

It's so hard everyday to walk in that studio without you. Abby hasn't been the same. She has always been a bit down, we all have, even mom. I won first place a few days ago, even if it is an acro dance it means a lot to me knowing you are there watching right here. *she pats my chest where my heart is so I know what she means*

Maddie..........*she grabs my hand* please come back, we need you. Things haven't been the same knowing I wake up to you here in the hospital bed. Abby needs you, the girls need you, the moms need you, your fans need you, Sia needs you, I need you...........Matt needs you. Will you please just wake up or show me a sign that you are still with us," she says as a tear falls onto my hand.

My heart beat has been a little slower in this coma and it picks up a bit. She gasps a bit, I try my hardest and I squeeze her hand a bit, I did just enough to get her attention.
"Maddie.........squeeze my hand again so I know it wasn't a fluke," she says with a bit of confidence. I think really hard and put all my strength in me to squeeze my hand and harder. She gaps happily and she runs out the door.

"MOM, MOM SHE SQUEEZED MY HAND, MADDIE SQUEEZED MY HAND," she yells. Mom comes dashing in and there are more footsteps than two people.
"Am I correct she squeeze your hand Mackenzie," a voice known as the same young nurse who has been taking care of me for the past few months.

"Doctor do you think it is a fluke," the nurse asks.
"One minute," the doctor says. I could feel him open my eye lid a bit and check each one with the light. He quietly gasps.
"It's not possible.............it can't be," he says.
"What is it Dr. Miller," mom asks.
"Maddie, if can you hear me, will you try to open your eyes," Dr. Miller says.

My brain is starting to pick up responses again, for the first time in six months I did something I would never do...........I opened my eyes.