Ch. 11

Maddie

"Girls this is the fifth consecutive season of the junior elite competition team. It may have been a rocky season but don't let me down," Abby explains. Nodding we head towards the stage.
"And Maddie your solo is Someone Special, you are someone special, but you have to prove it," she adds. I nod.
"Alright let's go," Abby says. We all walk towards the stage.

Watch the group dance*

"Let's go to the junior solo overall awards. In second place Maddie with Someone Special," I stood up and received my award. But you could tell Miss Abby was not happy that I lost to Ava. She made us leave during the forum awards which caused the audience to boo us. To be honest it was embarrassing, but what can you do.

Abby wasn't happy that day and I know that I can't always win. But, it was nationals and it hurt. Matt drove us home and I kind of ran into my room upset. It is hard because I took time off and Miss Abby always wanted me to win. But, I don't know how I'm going to take it when we see her again.

The following day*

It's really disappointing to know you got second place at your national competition. Many people say on social media we are brats when we are upset because we loose, but Miss Abby expects us to be a winning team and obviously that isn't the case anymore.

I'm upset that I got second because I thought I did pretty good. With everything that has happened I just wanted to start fresh with a win for the team. I hope many of you can relate if you compete and you want to come out on top all the time. We normally do and we are normally the team to beat, but it's also nice to see someone win also.

I know people can't help it but roll their eyes when we win over and over, but the secret to our success is being a family. We basically see each other 24/7. We have to be respectful and kind to each other. We can fight, laugh, cry, and do whatever, but at the end of the day we are still best friends.

"I want to go to the mall," Mackenzie says.
"Literally same," Kendall adds. I look at Matt with puppy dog.
"Damnit," he says as he gives in.
"I win," I smile.

At the mall*

"Kendall how much more makeup do you need your literally buying the store," I whine.
"And you buy all those gummy bears at the candy store but I don't complain," she teases. We all could use some food right now. Abby needs to cool off from nationals and we need our break.

"What kind of food do you want?" Melissa asks. We all think Panera and I swear to god she read our mind. It feels good to be like we used to.
"If I could have a restaurant at home Panera would be it," I say.
"So since Abby's new studio is open do you think we'll see her soon," Kendall asks. We all know once you mess with Abby or the competition doesn't go so well; you won't see her for a while.

"It's alright we have a few months before we go back. I mean we need to do be active and do something. My new song is coming out soon," Mackenzie says.
"I am working on an album," Nia says.
"I am working on one too," Kendall adds.
"I don't know what I'm doing yet," Kalani sighs
"I'm working on a movie," I look up.

"See we are all doing something. So let's move on and we'll be better next year," Mackenzie says. We order the food and sit down. It's good to have a break from all of this madness. Our food is ready and we start to devour it. We normally can't eat fattening foods before, but now that we have a break we can eat whatever we want.

After the mall we wanted to go to go home and watch movies. Most likely we will watch the Kardashian show. Hey it's reality tv so why not. Pretty much the entire night was goofing off and having fun.

Please read!!!

I know it's short but I am contemplating on what order events will happen in the story. I was trying to make it as long as I possibly could, but the new season is starting on Tuesday. I could have ideas by then for another update.