Ch. 4

Sorry for the long period of no updating*

Maddie's POV

*Day of Ellen*

"Girls we go on in ten minutes, we are here at the Ellen show, where Maddie had her first national television appearance. This makes or breaks a star. Scouts will want to hire you, don't let me down," Abby says. Wow good pep talk Abby. Sometimes they aren't the best. We head to the performance area, the doors were closed.

"And now from Dance Moms, please welcome the girls from the Abby Lee Dance Company performing Shame on You," Ellen says. The audience claps and we start our dance.

*After the dance during the interview with Ellen*

"So how has this all been for you, the show is rising along with your careers," Ellen says.
"It's been great so far, I mean we didn't expect this to happen, our dance company is rising, this is the same company my mother built for me to carry on into my life and generations to come. I couldn't have asked for anything else," Abby says. The audience claps

"Maddie, your fame has been rising, you were just announced as a nomination for Choice Dancer at the Teen Choice Awards, Dance Moms also received a nomination for Choice Reality Show, what was your initial reaction," Ellen asks.
"Well I didn't start officially dancing until two years ago, but I was naturally flexible and always had that passion for dance, so I did it when no one was around. Later on I started practice and now I am on a TV show and I could be more happier that I got a nomination as well as the show," I say.

"So for all the other dancers out there who want to show their talent, what do you all have to say to them as a piece of advice," Ellen asks.
"I think we can all agree that we didn't think our skills will be a benefit to our awards. If you you have the right technique and training training you can do anything you want to accomplish," Abby says.

The audience clapped but it seemed that people didn't believe it. Most of them were looking at me with phones pointed at me. They are wearing Matt's merch. I already know they don't believe what I am saying. They shake there heads like they know it is a hold faced lie.
"So Maddie I wanted to ask you something to clear it up for everyone. You and Matt.......do you want to clarify the story behind the situation being?" Ellen asks. I take a deep breath.

"About a year ago, there was an incident, I won't get into details cause it wouldn't be fair if I threw certain people under the bus........Long story short I lost my trust for him. He gave me opportunities I never dreamed of and I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for him. But, breaking a promise is a debt that can never be repaid in my opinion.

It's normal for siblings to fight, but I think fighting someone verbally is like pointing your finger at them, it's not right. It's not fair to me if I put myself in that situation knowing that people probably look up to me. I wish I knew it would have come down to that sooner," I say truthfully.

"Do you regret posting the stuff you did, where even though it wasn't directly stated towards him it was a hidden message?" Ellen asks.
"I can't say anything that will change what I did so I'm not gonna add fuel to the fire. I did it and I wish I didn't do it on social media," I say.

"Thank you all for being here, see you all tomorrow," Ellen finishes off the show. We a stand up and head back towards the dressing room. My phone immediately goes off and it is all over social media.

"Former dancer and sister of vine star Maddie Ziegler calls out Matthew Espinosa on National Television!!!!"
Are you f***ing kidding me?! I didn't mean for people to take it like that!!!! All I did was state the truth.
"This cannot be good," Mackenzie says.
"Girls just get changed and we need to get out of here before people start a scene.

We changed and left the dressing room headed to the car. Camera crews were already out here taking pictures, but we all shielded our faces. So this is how it is gonna be? I state an opinion and Matt planned this all out. He paid fans to go to the show and send paparazzi? Congratulations Matt, you got what you wanted......