Summer's Almost Over

TINA'S POV

The summer break will be over in like two weeks and I am so not prepared to go back to school.

At least I have my bestfriend Tess to keep me company, well right now she's on a vacation in hawaii with her family so I'm pretty lonely.

Though we both go to different schools we still make out time for each other.

Last semester of school was good, well obviously, I'm famous at my school so it's only right that it be good, it's just that it gets tiring being perfect and worshipped all the time. I mean, I'm not complaining but I do need a break, right?

Anyways right now I'm too tired to even get out of bed, so I don't think I'll be ready for school by the time summer is over.

laying on my bed using my phone and laptop at the same time

Mrs Roger _my mom_ knocks on my room door "Honey can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." While still on my phone.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Mum asks

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

She continues after a long while of taking in my appearance "Well, it's noon and you still haven't gotten out of bed and your room is a..." She scans her eyes around my and scrunches her nose in distaste "mess"

"Mom that can't be a problem" I say taking a glance at my scattered room "I'll just have one of the maids clean it up, problem solved. And for me not getting out of bed... Well I'm just tired that's it" I say smiling at her

"That's not an excuse" mum says as she calls in a maid from the hallway "you, come quickly and clean this room."

The maid running in "Yes ma'am"

My mum turns her attention back to me "We are having a party tonight, a lot of important people are coming and also the son of our top business associate is going to be there, you know him right Mr Iscaal, I've said a lot about him to you, and about his handsome son.

I roll my eyes as she makes her statement

"Anyways, they're coming for the party tonight and I want everything to be perfect. I and your father have been talking and all we want you to do is put on something stunning and pretty and talk to his son, Jacob. if you guys start dating it would create a closer bond between his dad and your father and then maybe he'll give us a business opportunity-" she realizes I am looking down at my laptop again "Tina!" She yell snapping me out of my gaze

I immediately flinch at the sound of her yelling because I did not expect it and I look back up at the raging face of my mum "Fine mum, I understand"

I never actually did well with boys, dating and stuff like that, and yeah I know it sounds weird but I get busy with my own things. yeah, sure a few boys have had the courage to ask me out, but I always turn them down.
Dating is so tiring and needs a lot of commitment, and you should know by now that I hate stress.

"Fine mum, I'll talk to this Joshua guy-"

"Jacob" my mum cut me off to correct me as a wide grin spread across her face