Chapter- 3

Episode-2 {The Night of Comet}

Avian's POV

MYSTIC HIGH SCHOOL

I was sitting in Taneer's class bored as he went on and on about the upcoming comet. "Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration." Tanner told us. He glanced towards Elena and Stefan who had been looking at each other for the whole lecture.

"Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" He questioned them sarcastically. They dropped their gaze from each other. And the bell rang. 

I walked in the hallway and approached Stefan and Elena. "Hey, Elena." I greeted. "Hey, Avian." She replied. 

Stefan dug in his bag. "I brought it." He said handing Elena a book. "Told you." 

Elena read out the title, "Wuthering Heights by Ellis Bell. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name."

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms. It was the time. Female writers weren't very accepted then." Stef replied. 

"I think it is one of the best gothic novels I have read. I like the aspects of romance,  bildungsroman, and revenge tragedy." I added. "Couldn't agree more." Stefan said.

"I'll see you at home?" I asked Stefan. He nodded affirmatively. "OK then. Adios Elena. " I said to Elena. "Bye." She replied.

After spending a fair share of time in the woods of Mystic Falls, I finally came back home

After spending a fair share of time in the woods of Mystic Falls, I finally came back home. As I neared the main door, I could hear the two brothers bickering. Ah.. not again.

"Someone had to clean up your mess." Stefan was saying. "Well, were you successful? Did the powers of persuasion work?" Damon retorted back. "Remember, if you don't feed properly, none of those little tricks work right."

I was now at the door when Stefan asked "How long was Elena here?" 

"Wait. Elena was here? At the boarding house?" I asked and both of them looked at me and Stefan nodded.

"Were you worried, Stefan? Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past?" Damon said sarcastically. "Isn't that why you play your little game, "I'm a high school human"?"

 "I'm not playing any games." Stefan replied. Damon smirked and said, "Of course you are. We all know the closest you'll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and feed on it."

"Damon." I said warningly. "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?" Stefan asked sternly.

"Guess you all just have to wait and see, won't you?" Damon replied and went upstairs.

Me and Stefan then faced each other. "I'll talk to him. Maybe knock some sense into his non-existent brain." I said. "I'm thinking over Zach's words now. I think he was right." He said. I squinted my eyes confusingly. "Maybe we do not belong here." He said defeatedly and went to his room.