Chapter-5

Episode-3 {Friday Night Bites}

{Part-2}

Avian's POV

OUTSIDE MYSTIC  FALLS HIGH SCHOOL

THE FOOTBALL GAME

As I walked through the bustling crowd, I had one mission: find Stefan before the game kicked off. People were everywhere, chatting excitedly and wearing their team colours. It felt like everyone was buzzing with anticipation.

I smiled as I moved through the crowd, giving nods to strangers. Finally, I spotted him across the crowd kissing Elena. I approached them with a smile.

"Hey, lovebirds." I said and both of them turned towards me. "Sorry to interrupt." 

"Hey!" Elena smiled. "You're not interrupting."

I took a glance at the necklace dangling around her neck. "Wow, that looks amazing on you, El." I said. "Is it okay if I call you that?"

"Thank you so much. Stefan just gave me this." She said happily. "And yes you can call me that only if I can call you Vi."

I smiled at her. "Sounds perfect."

I then turned towards Stefan, "And how are you feeling about the game?"

"Nervous, but in a good way."  He replied.

"You are going to be ok. I know that." I hyped him up.

"I'll do my best." He said back.

"Now, go out there and win this game, Stef. We're cheering for you." I said while stepping back allowing Stefan and Elena to share a moment.

" I said while stepping back allowing Stefan and Elena to share a moment

It's night now. People were tailgating and cheering for the team.

Tanner was up on the stage with a mic. "Wait, wait, wait." He started. "Let's be honest here. In the past, we used to let other teams come into our town and roll right over us!" The crowd booed. "But that is about to change." Everyone started cheering. "We've got some great new talent tonight starting on the offense, and I'm gonna tell you right now, it has been a long time since I have seen a kid like this with hands like these. Let's give it up for Stefan Salvatore!"

We all cheered loudly. "Go Stef!" I shouted.

After a couple of minutes, I heard noises and grunts and saw Stefan moving towards the ruckus. I also followed him back there.

Jeremy and Tyler were punching and kicking each other.  Stefan intervened between them and then Tyler punched him but it had no effect on Stefan.  From the side of my eye, I saw Jeremy grab a broken glass bottle to strike at Tyler but I rushed into the commotion, trying to stop the conflict. In the chaos, the bottle slashed my arm and Stefan's palm.