Chapter-7

Episode-5 {You're Undead to Me}

³rd POV

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

Damon struggled against the vervain-induced weakness. He looked up as footsteps approached, the sound echoing off the stone walls of the cellar.

Stefan stepped into view, his expression stern. "Where is my ring?" Damon demanded, his voice hoarse.

"Won't be needing it anymore," Stefan replied, his tone cold.

"How long have I been here?" Damon asked, the frustration evident in his voice.

"Three days," Stefan answered shortly, avoiding his piercing gaze.

"What are you doing?" Damon questioned.

"During the dark ages, when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgment. They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them," Stefan explained, his voice steady.

Damon scoffed. "You know what will happen if I don't... feed on blood."

Stefan's jaw tightened. "You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually, you won't be able to move or speak. In a week, your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever."

"So what, you're just going to leave me in the basement, forever?" Damon's voice cracked slightly.

"I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once your circulation stops, I'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate," Stefan said, his eyes finally meeting Damon's.

Damon's eyes narrowed. "I'm stronger than you think."

Stefan nodded slightly. "You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain. And we both know it. I'm sorry. It didn't have to be this way."

Just then, another set of footsteps echoed through the cellar. Avian appeared at the doorway, her face pale and eyes red-rimmed from crying.

"Damon," she said softly, stepping closer to the door.

"Vivi, you shouldn't be here," Stefan said.

She ignored him, her gaze locked on Damon. "You can beat this, Damon. I know you can."

Damon looked at her, his expression hardening. "Yet you still helped him with locking me up."

 Her eyes started filling with tears. "I had no other choice, Damon. But I believe in you. You're stronger than this. I know there's still good in you, Dames. You just have to fight for it."

Damon closed his eyes."I wish it were that easy," he whispered.

She turned to Stefan, her voice trembling with emotion. "There has to be another way, Stefan. We can't just leave him like this. He's your brother."

Stefan shook his head. "I've made my decision. This is the only way to keep everyone safe."

Avian clenched her hands into fists. "Then we'll find another way. We have to."

She looked back at Damon, her eyes pleading. "Please, Damon. Promise me you'll fight."

Damon met her gaze but did not utter a word"

Stefan sighed deeply and put his hand on her shoulder. "Let's go, Vi. "

As they walked away, she glanced back one last time. "I love you, Damon. Till the end."

Damon watched them leave, the echoes of Avian's words lingering in his mind.