A short visit- PT2 (REQUESTED)

Y/n POV-

You were lying on the couch in your apartment back home, watching your favorite TV show. Droplets of rain were dripping down your window that looked out onto the park across the road.
The only source of light was the moon that shined throw the curtains that covered your windows.

It had been almost a week since you flew up to see Hailee and argued with her. She had attempted to make an effort to talk to you a few times, yet you continued to dry text her.

As you stood up to grab popcorn you suddenly heard a knock at the door that sent goosebumps spreading around your body. It was late for a visitor to arrive...

You crept up to the door before squinting into the peephole, finding someone unexpected. A part of you didn't want to open it but you knew you had to. You unlocked the door and swung it open.

"Hey, Y/n..." Hailee stood before you.

"Hi?" you spoke in a calm, yet confused tone.

This came as a shock to Hailee as she had expected you to be happy to see she had made the effort to see you.

"Uh- can I come in please?" She quickly glanced around the hallway before you moved aside for her to come inside.

You walked around to the kitchen and poured a cold glass of water before offering her. She politely declined. There was an awkward tension the two of you wanted to address but didn't know how.

"I think you know why I'm here, Y/n" She stood oddly on the other side of the kitchen counter.

You waited patiently for her to begin; leaning against the counter now.

"Ok look, we may as well talk it out now instead of beating around the bush. I was wrong, I know that. I should have provided the attention you deserved when you flew down to see me but I was selfish. I was caught in a moment and trying to enjoy myself and I forgot to make sure you enjoy yourself too. I'm wrong and I'm so sorry." Hailee attempted to own up to her actions, yet she had forgotten the most important detail that had upset you a few days ago; Josh Allen.

"Is that all you have to say?" You tapped your glass that was dripping from condensation.

"Uh... yeah?" she hummed awkwardly, rocking back and forth on the counter.

"I'm sorry Hailee but it's not going to cut it this time. I felt embarrassed and disrespected by you that day. You coming here and giving me a half-hearted apology is not good enough." Your stern voice and impatient.

You knew she was expecting you to forgive her and come running back but this time it was different. You saw in her you'd never seen before. It was something that scared you.

"What else do you expect me to do, Y/n? I don't understand what you want me to do right now." Hailee's voice was becoming desperate.

You wanted to feel something towards her at this moment but you noticed the way Hailee kept glancing towards the clock on the wall like she was waiting for something. You had perceived how she spun her rings around her fingers and the way her face twitched as her phone vibrated in her pocket.

"Who's texting you, Hailee?" You felt somewhere deep inside you that you knew the answer, but you wanted confirmation.

"No one. It doesn't matter, what matters right now is you and-" You abruptly cut her off.

"Who's texting you" you demanded in a more serious voice.

"I said it doesn't matter." Hailee took a step back, grabbing the outline of her pants where the phone sat.