7 | Apology

They say news travels fast, like a raging fire on a humid summer day.

The very next day, the news about the fight between the future Heads of the Zen'in and Gojo Clan spread throughout the Jujutsu world. Some dismissed it simply as banters between two teenagers. Others exaggerated it to the point that they started making conspiracy theories.

They say that the fight between the two will go down in history. Of course you disagree. It was nothing more and nothing less than childish banters. Neither of them died so it's fine.

But you heard Naoya had taken quite a lot of damage that he's still bedridden. He was mostly complaining about the crown jewels you kicked.

"It's rare to see you here," Satoru said when he walked inside the drawing room while you were sitting down, preparing a traditional matcha tea. "I usually come to your house. When was the last time you went to my house?"

"I went here last night," you said dismissively. If he was trying to start another pointless argument about how it's unfair that he was always the one going to your house instead of you going to his house, you will not be having it. "Besides, when we get married, I'll be living here."

"What are you doing here today?" Satoru asked, sitting down in front of you while your head is lowered down, busy with the matcha tea preparation that you learned from your grandmother when you were young.

"Have you heard? Naoya is still bedridden. My family will not stop telling me to go and check up on him so I came here instead."

"How weak," Satoru muttered with a snicker as he leaned back comfortably on the couch, an arm sprawled on the headrest languidly. "So? You didn't wanna check up on him? Or did you come here to ask for my permission so you could check up on him?"

Your family is not among the big three sorcerer Clans. Despite the fact that you had been promised as a bride to the next Head of the Gojo Clan, your family is quite adamant in keeping good relations to all three of the top sorcerer Clans.

To the Kamo Clan, the most austere in upholding traditions and keeping the bloodline pure. To the Zen'in Clan, the most stern in keeping inherited abilities and techniques as well as assets within the main branch. To the Gojo Clan, the most powerful among the three Clans because of Satoru Gojo's existence alone. Your family maintains a good relation to all three of them, that's why when they heard about what happened to Naoya, regardless of how it happened or why it happened, you were told to visit him at least.