..4..

After, what felt like, a rough night's sleep. Riley woke up curled into a ball on the floor. She thought she must have fallen off the sofa or moved in the night. She rolled to her back, wincing in pain and stretching her legs and arms out. It felt like every bone in her body cracked at once, and a sharp ache sent waves over her whole body. It never felt good to wake up after a full moon. Riley reached beside the sofa where the potions that Fred made were still standing neatly. She pulled the cork out with her teeth and downed it in one.

She stayed lying there for a few moments while it kicked in, banishing some of the pain from her body. She slowly rolled onto her front and bought her foot up underneath her, and stood up in one fast motion. She winced again. She felt so heavy. She looked around. It was still dark outside, and it didn't look like anyone else had gotten up yet.

The girl trudged her way to the bathroom, as quietly as she could, struggling to lift her feet off the ground. She stripped off her shorts and vest top and turned on the shower. She turned the heat up as hot as her skin would allow and stepped in. She just stood for a few minutes, letting the hot water ease her muscles and bones before she began her routine.

Riley emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her chest and body, drying her hair with another. She picked out some clothes for the day ahead. She would be returning to Hogwarts for her third year later today. She pulled on a pair of ripped jeans and baggy T-shirt, along with her lace-up boots. Afterwards, she applied a small amount of concealer and braided her damp hair. She boiled the kettle and began preparing everyone's cups with their drink of choice for when they woke up. She sat on the sofa with her cup of tea with extra sugar and stared off into space, not having the energy to focus on anything just yet.

Riley turned her head when she heard soft footsteps coming from down the hall, Ginny, she thought. She smiled softly as the younger girl appeared in the doorway. Her hair damp from the shower and bathrobe done up around her waist.

"Morning, Wolfy." Ginny said softly. Riley could only nod and smile softly in response. "Did you rest well?" Ginny asked. She already knew the answer would be no, but wanted to make sure Riley knew she thought of her. Again, Riley nodded in response and gestured for Ginny to sit down next to her. The younger girl obliged and sat down gently. She could see Riley was still in pain.

"How did you sleep?" Riley asked, finding her voice for the first time that morning.

"I slept okay, I woke up to Fred howling on the balcony, though." She chuckled. Riley instantly felt guilty.

"That might have been me too." She winced, hating that she had woken Ginny.

"I don't mind," Ginny laughed. "It was quite sweet," she added. Riley's brows knitted together in confusion. "How should I do my hair?" Ginny asked, changing the subject. These were the kinds of things the two girls usually spoke of; hair, makeup, clothes, Quidditch players.

"I'll braid it for you if you like?" Riley asked softly. Ginny nodded and sat on the floor in front of the older girl.

As Riley combed through the firey red hair of the girl in front of her, they spoke about small nothings.

"Do you have a crush on anyone other than Harry?" Riley teased half-heartedly.

"Do you have a crush on anyone other than Fred?" The young girl shot back. Riley laughed sarcastically and blushed slightly. She doesn't have a crush on Fred. He's her best friend.

A little while after Ginny's hair was finished, Riley could hear everyone starting to move around in their rooms. She boiled the kettle once again and started making everyone their drinks for the morning. Fred and George came pounding into the room, Fred looked slightly flushed, and George slightly smug. Fred walked up to Riley with his eyebrows knitted together.