..20..

Riley's eyes shot open when she heard footsteps. Someone was coming down the boy's stairs, and they were trying to be quiet. The faint noise of padding and shuffling got slightly louder each second. The girl slowly sat up off Fred, carefully not to wake or disturb him too much. When she looked over, she saw Harry emerging from the shadows, holding the Marauders Map with one hand and his wand tightly with the other. He froze when he saw the girl looking directly at him.

"I.. err, " Harry stuttered under his breath. "I thought you guys were asleep." He reasoned, almost apologising. But mainly trying to think of an excuse as to why he was downstairs in his shoes.

"We were." Riley said quietly. "Where are you going?" She asked, confused.

"I... well, " He stuttered again, slowly making his way across the room. "There's something on the map I want to check." He said, gesturing to the map.

"Well, I can't let you go alone." Riley sighed. She slowly stood up off Fred and placed the blanket back over the sleeping boy.

"No," Harry shot. "You stay. I won't be long." He said before dashing to the door.

"Fat chance." Riley laughed quietly. She grabbed her wand from the coffee table and followed Harry out of the room.

She jogged quietly after the boy who was desperately trying to lose her. He didn't want to drag her into his antics, didn't want her to be in danger or in trouble because of him. He actually worried a little that Remus or Fred might kill him if she got hurt. And he would definitely hate himself if she did.

"Go back to bed, Riley." He sighed as the girl reached him. His eyes flicked to the map and back down the corridor.

"Fuck no." She chuckled.

She flicked her wand, Lumos, and lit the space around them. Harry took a glance up and down the girl. She was wearing Fred's jumper, shorts, and a thin pair of socks.

"You are going to freeze." He pointed out cautiously. He was genuinely concerned about her being too cold or getting sick.

"I'm fine." She laughed a little. "What you seen on the map?" She asked curiously.

"Someone is showing on it, someone who I thought was dead." He half explained as they rushed down the halls. Riley was hanging over his shoulder, trying to see who they were following.

"Who?" She quizzed.

"Peter Pettigrew." He said quietly.

Riley realised that was a name she knew. The name of a man her father was supposed to have killed. Which obviously Black probably hadn't done, so there was a very good chance the Pettigrew wasn't actually dead.

"Where?" She asked, gesturing to the map.

The pair were hurdling down the stairs case's, Riley frantically following Harry's lead. Harry pointed at the map quickly, showing her where he had been looking.

"Holy shit." Riley chuckled slightly. "Looks like Black definitely killed one less person than they thought." she added seriously.

"One less doesn't make a difference." Harry said sharply.

Then it hit her like a train. Harry had no doubt in his mind that Black was a murderer, that he was pure evil. The kind of evil that would, without question, tell the Dark Lord where his best friends were hiding. And she felt guilty. She felt ashamed.

She had kept what she knew from Harry for so long that she forgot he didn't have any idea. He didn't know who she was. He didn't know who Remus or Black really were. Hell, he didn't even know that he was holding his own Dad's map in his hand. Didn't know that his Dad, his God Father and Professor, were best friends, who swore to protect each other and their children, until their dying breaths.