..6..

Riley woke startled. A light metallic noise ringing in her ears, her eyes darted to the bottom of her bed and saw Misty still in her cage. She cursed under her breath as she jumped lightly out of her bed and to her owl. She grabbed a treat ready and began to open the cage.

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she opened the cage and gave the bird the treat. Misty took the treat and then lightly nipped Riley's finger as a telling off. "Yeah, I deserve that." Riley chuckled lightly. Misty flew up to the girls shoulder and nuzzled lightly into her head. Riley walked over to the window and opened it slowly, trying not to make a sound. Misty took off into the dark morning sky as soon as she could.

"I've never seen an owl do that before." A quiet voice spoke from behind her, causing her to jump slightly. She turned to see Hermoine, sat up in her bed with a book in her lap.

"Animals seem to like me." Riley shrugged as she smiled. "I'm sorry, by the way, for last night. Just crashing. It was rude." Riley smiled as she began to find some clean clothes for the day ahead.

"Oh, don't apologise. It was a long day." Hermoine chuckled lightly. Riley smiled back at her as she looked at the time. It was five in the morning. "Do you feel better today?" Hermoine asked sweetly.

"Yes, thank you. Much better. I'll be a little drowsy for a couple of days but nowhere near yesterday." Riley laughed as she began removing her old clothes and pulling on her clean ones. The girls chattered quietly as Riley got ready for the day. She unpacked her things quickly and placed her class supplies into her small bag along with two of Fred's potions and put her cigarettes in her pockets.

"Can you let Ginny know i will see her at breakfast?" Riley asked Hermoine. The frizzy haired girl nodded yet looked confused.

"Where are you going this early?" Hermoine asked, slightly startled. Riley smirked and held up her pack of cigarettes sheepishly. Hermoine scrunched up her face."Such a bad habit." She said sternly.

"I know, Granger, I know." Riley chuckled as she left the room.

"Where on earth is she going at this time?" Ginny grumbled, half sitting up.

"To flirt with your brother and smoke." Hermoine chuckled.

"Sounds about right." Ginny sighed as she flopped back down into bed.

Riley pattered down the steps to the common room to see the back of a ginger head facing her. She walked quietly behind him and placed her hands onto his face, feeling around gently. Grinning as she felt Fred scrunch his face up and laugh quietly.

"I knew it was George." She said sarcastically. The boy gasped in a fake offence. "I'm just playing. What you doing up so early, Freddie?" She asked and chuckled, walking around the sofa to face him.

"You can actually tell us apart from the back of our heads?" He asked suspiciously, accidently ignoring her question.

"Sometimes if I'm close enough, yeah." she shrugged.

"How?" He asked, baffled.

"It doesn't matter." She laughed nervously.

"Oh, but it does." He grinned, standing to face her.

"Maybe i'll tell you another time." She chuckled. "Smoke?" She suggested cheekily.

"Thought you'd never ask, Love." He smiled brightly. As he began to follow her through the quiet corridors of the castle.

"Can you always tell us apart?" Fred asked again.

"Are we still on this?" Riley chuckled, Fred nodded smuggly. The two walked slowly towards the Grand Staircase and walked towards the One Eyed Witch Statue.
"Okay, so your faces are slightly different shapes, as well as your noses. Your hair partings are different, and -" Riley stopped herself.