Chapter 15

I parked on the side of the road, across the street from Steve's home. I did it so he wouldn't realize I was here. I stepped out of my car, shutting the door. The wind blew my brown curls to the right. I looked at the aged house. Looking at the house gave me the chills. Just knowing she had a large chance of being in there gave me shivers. I suddenly peeked through the windows, looking for any sight of my love. Then I started my way up to the house. Glancing at the front door, I shook my head, walking around the undersized home. I made a last minute change and walked back to the front door. I'd given Mrs. Burns my word for finding her missing daughter.

I knocked on the door. I felt like I was being stared at through the peep hole. My senses were probably right. Steve opened the door.

"Eh. What are ya doin' here?" His puzzled voice stumbled.

"I just wanted to drive by and say hello. Can I come in?" I gave him a smile. I was hoping my suspiciousness wasn't getting the best of me.

He paused for a moment or two. "Well, uh, c'mon in." He requested, yanking the ceramic door open.

I walked in, taking a seat on the love sofa. It was quite chilly in the house.

"I'm gonna go get some beers from the basement." Steve's tone got a little shaky while speaking.

"Alright. I'll wait here, pal." I claimed, flipping my hair off of my forehead. Maybe Briana wasn't here after all? Maybe Steve's not up to something? The guilty thoughts flowed through my brain.

He walked to the basement and opened the door just enough so he could slide through.

*Steve's POV*

I walked down the creaky old steps. Once I stood on the last step, I turned on a lamp. Briana was in a corner, sat down leaned against the wall. She was clueless that her boyfriend's here. I sneakily smiled.

"Who's here?" She spoke weakly.

"My brother." I fabricated, giving her a sly smile.

"Harry told me you don't have a brother."

"Well, y'all ain't know a thing 'bout me."

She sighed, dropping her head down. "When can I go?" She looked up, rolling her eyes.

"After the party ends tonight. I'm havin' another party. I want you to be my date." I grinned. "Y'all gotta lil' somethin' on y'all cheek. I think it's.. Dust maybe?" I pointed at her cheeks.

She rolled her blue eyes again. "Party animal."

"Y'all gunna wipe that off?" I questioned.

"Maybe if I WASN'T TRAPPED IN A BASEMENT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I suddenly heard thumping footsteps marching towards the basement door. Great. Just what I need. Harry.

"Everything alright down there?" Harry opened the door, taking a few steps down the crooked stairs.

I ran to Briana and covered her mouth. There was a small crawl space inside the Basement. I grabbed her waist and threw her up there.

"Make Harry notice y'all and y'all gon' be some dead meat." I growled at her, gritting my teeth. I grabbed her shirt and pushed her against the wall in the crowded room, disguising her.

Harry climbed down the steps, glancing around, curiously.

"There's no beers in here. Wait bring the light over here." He walked to a corner. "No beers."

"There was some beers. I thought so. My friends must've drunk some at the party." I glared at the position Briana was, making sure she wasn't doing anything to cross the line.