Chapter 8

I knew exactly what was going on. I collapsed on my knees, wiping some droplets of tears from my cheeks.

"Briana?" She stumbled, panicking when she heard the phone hit the ground. "Is everything okay?"

I picked up the phone, placing it up to my ear.

"I-Is he alright?" I cried, looking at Harry, who was wondering what was going on, but he sensed that I wasn't in the mood to be bothered with the news. That was probably a good thing, because I was not in the mood at all, I was distant from the mood.

She didn't even have to tell me what was going on, I have a rough feeling I already knew. She even knew I knew. I regretted even letting him walk out the door, what was happening was serious.. It was a sign we ignored. I could only imagine how my mom felt. So many thoughts were running through my mind, I didn't know what to think.

"He's doing okay right now. Nothing sudden occurred," She added, "The symptoms just aren't leaving his side, so we're going to go check it out, just in case." Her voice trembled as she tried to hold back the tears.

"Okay mom.. I just need to go.. I-I love you." I quickly added, "Tell dad I love him too!"

"Okay, goodbye sweetheart, and we love you too." She started crying.

I made a kissing noise over the phone and hung up. Harry walked to me, "Are you okay? What happened?" I stared at his worried face. He was worried about me, I could tell that he cared.

I kissed his lips. How could someone manage to put a smile on my face in such a traumatizing moment? Harry did.

I grabbed his hand. "What you did back there, is never to be spoke of, thought of, or remembered. Got it?" I hissed, squeezing his hand.

"What happened?" He reminded me as we sat in his car.

"My cars here, so I'll get it later, for now, drive me to my house." I demanded.

"As you wish." He winked, starting the car. He pushed a button and turned on the radio. It was Justin Bieber, his new hit, "Beauty and a Beat." He knew I wasn't in a good mood, so he tried to think of ways to lighten up my mood.

"Cause all..

I need, is a Beauty and a Beat

Who can make my life complete

It's all..

Bout you, when the music makes you move

Baby do it like you do

Cause.." He sang, trying to make me laugh.

It was rather attractive when guys sang. I smiled at him, he showed off his dimples, glancing at me.

I grasped the steering wheel, and drifted us back into our lane. "Geez! Looks like you're the one that shouldn't have a license!" I cracked up.

He blushed, the first time I've ever seen him blush.

We arrived at my house. I opened the door and ran out. I called mom.

"Hello?" I heard on the other side of the line.

"Hi, mommy." I sighed in relief after hearing her voice. "I was wondering if you have told Jordan or Alexis about the news yet."

"I did.." She stuttered. I could hear the nurse in the background saying, "We are going to take Jeremy for his test, is that okay?" The nurse questioned.

"Go ahead." She whispered, signaling the nurse to take him.

"Sweetheart? Are you still there?"