Chapter 3

*After school*

I walked out of the school and sat on the bench. I looked at the nice warm weather outside, it was beautiful. I got caught up in the moment and didn't realize someone was sitting beside me. Finally catching out of the corner of my eye I glanced over. It was Harry.

"What do you want?" I frowned looking at his dimples as he smirked at me.

"To go on a date." He teased.

"I don't really think you're my type. You showed up at my house yesterday.. You creeped my mom out." I mumbled under my breath avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah, I wanted to take you to dinner, but you weren't home." He said getting up. "Let me take you for a ride." He offered.

"I'm sorry, but I think i'm going to have to skip this one, Harry." My heart melted as my eyes met his.

"Why?" He teased.

"I am going to go to the store." I stood up walking to opposite direction.

"I'll take you!" He said grinning.

"I want to walk.." I denied his offer, I turned around to apologize , but it was too late, he grabbed a hold of my hand.

He smiled and walked to his car, opening the door to the passenger seat, signaling me to get in. I surprisingly got inside. Identifying his car. It smelled like cologne.

He then got in and glanced at his mirror, adjusting it to where he could see me. It looked a little obvious but I acted as if I didn't notice.

"So where we going?" He finally talked after glancing in the mirror.

"I just need to get eggs and milk.. Nothing big.. But maybe a gas station would have them." I replied shyly.

"Perfect!" He said looking at his gas tank meter. "I need some gas."

I nodded and then looked out the car window, wishing I wasn't even here.

"So, do you like school?" He asked, backing out of the school parking lot.

"It's alright, I just wish it was better. It seems like everyone's disgusted with me and my appearance. I don't understand."

"You'll get used to it.. But trust me, people don't like me well. It's probably because they don't like hearing the truth."

"Why? What did you do to them?!" I asked rather surprised.

"Nothing.." He smiled. "It's just the people here, I guess."

I looked at his curly hair, I wanted to feel the curls but I was afraid of the reaction I'd get.

We pulled into the gas station, he dropped me off at the front. I ran in quickly and purchased the milk and eggs. And boy I didn't realize when the prices were so more expensive than a regular market!

I walked out out and looked for the car. I then spotted him pumping gas, I couldn't help but gasp, I knew that I shouldn't fall in love. He already belonged to a girl named Kyla, it got my hopes down just the thought of it. I shook my head back to reality hearing the sound of his voice calling my name.

"Briana!!!" He yelled waving his arms. "Are you ready?" I walked to him slowly.

"I'm sorry.. I was just day dreaming." I gulped, lightly blushing.

"Of what?" He looked at my eyes quickly giving me a serious look.

"Why so serious?" I chuckled, now blushing like crazy.

I reached my hand out to grab the passenger door handle, but he quickly grabbed it and opened it.

"Uhm, thanks." I got in and buckled up.

He then drove to my house, I got out and started walking to the porch but I started hearing footsteps behind me. I looked behind me and wasn't very surprised when I saw Harry.

"You can go now.." I stared at his green orbs that seemed like they were sparkling. I think I was falling in love, I didn't want to. I felt it was a bad thing.

"I think it's always nice to walk a girl to her house when returning her." He chuckled, as he grabbed my waist.

I turned around and slapped him. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I screamed. I pushed him away from me and ran to the house, when I got inside, I shut and locked the door to make sure it was locked. I sighed in relief. Even after that I still didn't feel safe.

My mom was at work, she's been working late nights, trying to earn more money. And my dad? He was also at work. It scared me being home alone.

I ran to my room and sat on my bed. My eyes started getting glossy and it got harder to see with all the tears piling up. I wiped the tears away, then I heard his car start. It only made me cry more. I peered out the window and watched him drive away.

I got up and walked to my dresser, pulling out a plain white tank top and sweatpants. I put my hand In my pockets in search for the left over change from the Clerk at the gas station. Instead, I pulled out the note he put in my pocket instead. I was in confusion, having no idea how the folded paper have gotten there. I was tempting to open it. I did, and I read the note. The note read:

"Briana,

Meet me at Buca Di Beppo @ 7 pm tomorrow, sharp!"

-Harry

I stared at the paper. "Sneaky boy.." I whispered.